Thought you all should know- New Aveda products are great.

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been on here since treatment is going great. Thought I'd tell you all that the latest thing I've added to my regimen is the new Invati Thinning Hair solution by Aveda.

Mods move to the natural hair care section if needed, but would be nice to leave in the general discussion where more people frequently visit.

I've had classes ranging from advanced biochemistry to native american medicine and health and I can tell you all the ingredients in this system are great. At $114 it costs a pretty penny, but is worth every cent spent. And for someone like me who only shampoos and conditions maybe every 3 days is going to last me a long time. We've all had experiences with thickening shampoos and conditioners and they do their job, but really don't help with hair loss, however the scalp revitalizer is revolutionary. I've thrown many things on my scalp and I can tell you you feel this stuff working and feels like it fulfills everything my hair and scalp are lacking.

Here is the whole kit: http://www.aveda.com/product/8656/24550/Hair-Care/hairtype/thinning-hair/invati-system/index.tmpl

I am trying to find the ingredient list for the scalp revitalizer but it looks like they are trying to keep it secret as they don't show the full list on their website and can't find any google link with the full list. They do show some key ingredients on the website, but I'll tell you they are all beneficial for hair except for a small amount of castor oil which probably makes up the majority of the 3% of unnatural ingredients in its 97% derivation of all natural ingredients.

It has caffeine so keep that in mind and only use in the day, but a quick 3-4 squirts on the scalp (the website says 16 which is ridiculous and just wants you to use it up faster) and a quick scalp massage and a great tingling sensation is only further enhanced with a thick healthy head of hair 15-20 mins later. It literally turns me from a decent hair loss sufferer at 23 (NW3 diffuse being thinnest at vertex with very weak hairline near temples) to literally non-noticeable, even after wearing a beanie/hoodie or walking through the rain.

I am super stoked about this and can post the full list of ingredients if you guys so desire. I am sure many of you have thickening shampoos and conditioners, but please at least pick up the scalp revitalizer and let me know what you think.

The revitalizer with its caffeine and naturally derived formula make a great topical for the day, and its perfect compliment is the S5 night cream if you guys haven't jumped on that bandwagon already.

Not trying to be a spokesman, just letting you guys know what works and really stoked to not have to stress about hair loss anymore ;)

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how exciting! please do post the full list of ingredients!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
From what I've seen on reviews, the shampoo and conditioner can potentially dry the hell out of your hair and scalp...nizoral does that to me as well -- my scalp feel's like it has lice crawling on it after using Nizoral...

...the spray appears to be something to consider, based on what you've said and what I've read about the product...I just hate 2x/day applications!!

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo or conditioner after washing me scalp with nizoral. I still get dandruff, but my scalp feels healthy.

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Full ingredient list as is on label: Alcohol Denat., Water, Dipotasium Glycyrrhizate, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Panax Ginseng Root extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root extract, Centella Asiatica (Hydrocotyl) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Glucosamine HCL, Adenosine Phosphate, Tocopheryl Nicotinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Arginine, Caffeine, Yeast Extract, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Fragrance, Citral, Geranio, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyll Benzoate, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Limonene.

Don't need it twice a day sparxx. Just do it in the morning. If you want to do an application of something else, you can do that at night, like minoxidil or spironolactone.

I do think the spironolactone cream helps. It took awhile for it to start working and had a small initial shed, but now if I apply at night I will wake up to slightly thicker and easier to style hair. These small improvements over time may add up to a lot as you can see with some men who have stayed on finasteride for 7+ years and only gained the whole time, it just took a while. The thing is is S5 is a cream and weighs your hair down and makes mine look sloppy if I use it during the day. Now with this spray it is light. I rub it into my scalp and near instantly thickens my hair, but in a light bouncy sort of way. I have thinner hair to start and started losing early and never have been really able to wear a beanie. With this I can as my hair stays light throughout the day, but holds a little thickness in the follicle.

Just letting you guys know what works for me. Let me know if you give it a try.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...there's quite a bit of evidence, anecdotal albeit, that the spray works for female's...on us men, well that's a tough one....at least we have one male experience showing some relief with this -- plus it's credible as far as I can tell about ladysman :book:

...that ingredient list is the "who's who" of natural hairloss prevention speculation that has been poured over at length in the other forums on this web board..

..given that it supposedly smell's good, it's light and easy to spray on and that I'm a diffuse thinner (like most female balding patterns are), I'll give this a try

- - - Updated - - -

got the stuff at the local Aveda Academy salon...it does smell kinda strong, but in a "salon" way...not funky at all...it does dry quickly which is nice...

...will give it a try -- it isn't invasive so that will make it easy to stick with...stuff like Tricomin or whatever is either sticky or water or oily and it is a pain for diffuse thinners..this stuff seem's ok

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Now with this spray it is light. I rub it into my scalp and near instantly thickens my hair, but in a light bouncy sort of way. I have thinner hair to start and started losing early and never have been really able to wear a beanie. With this I can as my hair stays light throughout the day, but holds a little thickness in the follicle.

..bang on...I have light flimsy hair, diffuse thinning...my experience is exactly as you say...hopefully my experience is like your and my hair slows down with the thinning!

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
is it possible to hold off hair loss with only this? im absolutely sick of buying a million products and nothing has worked except finasteride/ru etc but i cant put up with the sides

Ladyzman, what else do you use besides this?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
is it possible to hold off hair loss with only this? im absolutely sick of buying a million products and nothing has worked except finasteride/ru etc but i cant put up with the sides

I think it's worth a shot with this stuff...The smell is pretty strong, but I like -- I'm almost getting addicted to it...the stuff dries fast which is nice and it does give a bit of a volumizing effect...

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
See sparxx. Sweet stuff huh? And of course i'm credible. I'm near genius pre-med student who figured out my hairloss with a semesters worth of undergraduate research;)

finasteride and spironolactone creams man, and now this stuff. Just stay on finasteride and use sparingly. Just cuz a Doctor says take it every day doesn't mean you have to. If you are getting sides, slow down and go maybe every other day or something. Think about the molecule in your system and work on keeping it at bay. finasteride has a half life of 8 hours so after the initial drop 2 hours of popping the pill your DHT levels will slowly start to elevate. So I say maybe take at night to avoid sides (after sex preferably) and take a saw palmetto supp during the day or just off days of finasteride where you don't need your DHT lowered significantly (Saw palmetto is proven to lower DHT btw).

And about the spironolactone creams. They work. I don't see why more people don't get on this as they have scientific evidence to combat androgens as the follicle can be reached by topicals and they won't cause nasty sides or 'fake' hair like minoxidil gives you. They do make your hair thinner at first but that is how hair loss works and it will grow in thicker. So its all really about how hard you want to go at it. I didn't care when starting because I was so far gone anyway so i just loaded it up on my #3 buzzed head. It took awhile for it to really kick in (~6 months) but now the effects can be seen. I can even see small differences now, such as if I throw some on before bed it thins the follicle, but I wake up with slightly (I'm talking miniscule but a trained eye like mine can see it) thicker hair. Once I wash out the spironolactone cream then my hair is back to its normal state and I add the aveda spray and rub in and viola. Good to go. Come night time and repeat.

I only really add the day cream now when I know I won't be seen or don't care about my hairloss, say when I'm studying at home all day or early in the day when I know I'm gonna go for a run or something later and will be showering after.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
and take a saw palmetto supp during the day or just off days of finasteride where you don't need your DHT lowered significantly (Saw palmetto is proven to lower DHT btw).

Given you're near genius pre-med student -- :doctor:-- how much saw palmetto do you think a person need to take to lower dht?? A lot of conjecture over the years, but what does the genius say?? lol

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
Its not the libido sides, its the mental sides, the brain fog is brutal, should i bother with a low dose?i wa already on 0.25mg ED and got massive brain fog sides

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry not trying to talk myself up but it sucks when derms and docs can't recommend you **** so you have to solve problems yourself. Like the old cliche, "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself."

Well cob what are you talking about? spironolactone?

And sparx I don't really know. I have finasteride and some dutasteride pills. If I take a full dose dutasteride my T gets crazy high and i notice my hairs along my hairline will become really weak for the next few days. So if I do something like that I try to supp a lil saw palmetto, I think 500 mg is the recommended and most effective, for the next few days just to keep it slightly suppressed but nothing too high.

I do think T has a lot to do more with hairloss than DHT itself, especially around the hairline. I really need to get my bloodwork done to see where my hormone levels are actually at, but I know I am a very high testosterone guy. I wish we knew the exact effects of Saw palmetto, but from the studies i've read it does have promising effects mostly in BPH but that means it should help with hair too since they are nearly directly correlated. I wish there was a drug that inhibited DHT by ~30-40% because a strong inhibition of DHT means higher intraprostatic T and can lead to premature prostate cancer. Something like that stacked with a mild anti-androgen and I think we would all be golden if our progesterone and estrogen levels were in check too.