Thought on oral minoxidil? Experiences?

Birdman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve seen some pretty crazy results with topical and I’ve heard oral Is even better so I started oral 6 weeks ago. Any thoughts or experiences? Really need to hear something positive

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve seen some pretty crazy results with topical and I’ve heard oral Is even better so I started oral 6 weeks ago. Any thoughts or experiences? Really need to hear something positive
It's great. Keep an eye out for any wooziness but this is probably more so an issue from using too much topical. To the extent that you can, monitor blood pressure, and titrate upwards gradually until the scalp effects/results reach the point where the marginal benefit equals the sides like bloating, weight gain, puffy eyes or too much below the neck peripheral hair increase. That's pretty much all there is to it. If in a pinch, topical minoxidil can be administered orally with a dropper with a conversion factor of Divide by 2 and remove the decimal. So, .25ml of topical, administered orally equals 12.5 mg for Loniten but some portion is probably lost upon processing by the stomach or liver. With titration, this is an insignificant detail but the droppers are not very precise so I tend to us the markings .5ml and .25ml and estimate from those. With Loniten, you can go down to .25mg easily and this is where most females start their dosage but with topical basically two drops equals 1mg so you can't really go much lower than a drop in the morning and then evening which costs probably a penny a day in those minute amounts and yet, can still be effective. Most of Loniten is filler.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've started oral this week as well, I've been using Sublingual administration , but might just try swallowing it. Topical kirkland , about 0.1ML twice a day , might increase the dosage if I don't get sides

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've started oral this week as well, I've been using Sublingual administration , but might just try swallowing it. Topical kirkland , about 0.1ML twice a day , might increase the dosage if I don't get sides
Hi bro, how long did you use sublingual? Dose? Sides? Results?
Thanks!

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 2.5mg oral minoxidil every day. Very minor sides that come and go in the beginning for about 10 days (light headaches, heart skipping a beat). No sides anymore. Been about 7 weeks.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
I take 2.5mg oral minoxidil every day. Very minor sides that come and go in the beginning for about 10 days (light headaches, heart skipping a beat). No sides anymore. Been about 7 weeks.
130630.jpg

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is a wonder drug. I quit it due to horrific facial bloating and extreme fatigue. I still have fluid retention issues 6 months after quitting and still have fatigue as well. Be extremely careful and quit at first sign of sides getting bad. Im not sure if my side effects are permanent now, but looking back, I should have quit after the second month on it, but the hair greed got to me

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am drinking 5 drops of 5% Minoxidil (either under the tongue or diluted in a small amount of water) twice a day for the sole purpose of achieving hypertrichosis. I want my hands, forearms and legs to be really hairy. I am 55 and lost a lot of leg hair in my 40s. I have been taking Minoxidil this way for almost a month and am seeing what looks like darkening and thickening of hairs on my hands, fingers and legs. I've seen pics of guys whose body hair completely exploded when taking 10-20 mgs daily so I am hopeful this will happen. I know some guys freak out about this but I am always found really hairy guys attractive, particularly thick hair on the legs.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is a wonder drug. I quit it due to horrific facial bloating and extreme fatigue. I still have fluid retention issues 6 months after quitting and still have fatigue as well. Be extremely careful and quit at first sign of sides getting bad. Im not sure if my side effects are permanent now, but looking back, I should have quit after the second month on it, but the hair greed got to me
I get the under eye bags at 20 mgs daily. The bags were developing long before I started oral Minoxidil (hereditary). I have found that the under eye serums that shrink and tighten the skin as they dry work wonders.

Birdman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don’t notice anything, did it do good for your hair?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don’t notice anything, did it do good for your hair?
Yeah it legit grew my hair from a short under cut all the way down to my chin in like 4-5 months. It’s impact on hair is unparalleled to be honest. But it made my skin look like complete garbage, eyes were swollen and drawn, and like I said.. now I have this fluid issue months after stopping. It also made me extremely tired all the time I’m guessing from the blood pressure mechanism

Birdman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it legit grew my hair from a short under cut all the way down to my chin in like 4-5 months. It’s impact on hair is unparalleled to be honest. But it made my skin look like complete garbage, eyes were swollen and drawn, and like I said.. now I have this fluid issue months after stopping. It also made me extremely tired all the time I’m guessing from the blood pressure mechanism
Well I’m sorry to hear that man. What kind of loss do you have? I’m a diffuse thinner:/