Those that buzz/shave your head...

ali777

Reaction score
thetodd said:
I just spent three days in the hospital with no good way to wash my hair. During that time, the concealer I had on gradually began flaking off, which caused me no small amount of embarassment. It also made me reassess my attitude about hairloss and the approach I've been taking.
So I finally took myself into the hospital bathtroom with some of that shampoo you don't have to rinse off. By the time I was done, my hairloss was obvious, and I didn't give a sh*t. After I got home, I had my wife use the clippers to buzz my head, and then I went into the bathroom, rubbed shaving cream all over my dome, got a good razor, and shaved it all off. All that's left are my eyebrows, lashes, and a neatly trimmed moustache and goatee. And you know what? It's not so bad. It's going to save me over seventy dollars a month in rogaine, prothick, and special shampoos, too. My wife says she wishes I'd done it a long time ago. I'm not preaching to people about how they should just accept losing their hair and go with the flow, but perhaps some of you should just try it for awhile. If it's not for you, just let it grow back. What's the downside? Everywhere I go nowadays there are men all over the place with shiny domes. I don't believe it's just a fad, either.

:bravo:

I know it's hard to let go, but sometimes we really have to let go!!!!

I've been meaning to have a haircut for 10 days, and I finally managed to have a haircut today. When I was at the hairdressers I thought my top looked much thinner than I thought. Seeing my hair from behind is always a shock to my system :sobbing:

Then I told my gf about it, and she asked me if I ever considered shaving it off... When I was with my ex, she also said when the time comes I should shave it off....

Let me make it clear, I'm more like NW3 at the moment. The shaving off part can wait for another few years, but the point is that it may not be such a bad idea. Two women telling me to consider it is no coincidence. Neat and tidy is better than messy thin hair.

On a more positive note... I met a few friends this evening and they said I looked younger... Getting a neat haircut makes a huge difference :punk:

Reaction score
It's true, i've buzzed mine for the first time last month, looks much better now. Sounds like you're better off than me though, NW3 diffuse with bald spot, Take it from me, that's the time to buzz, if the rest diffuses or you lose the hairline.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm going into my third week now with a shiny dome and I still like it. I usually shave my head every three days or so. It's not like with your face where it looks bad if you let it go for awhile. I do miss my hair, though. It's obviously not like losing a limb, but it was part of me for forty years.

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score
It's liberating if nothing else as it just gives you breathing space to take your mind off a thinning hair patch here or whatever. I can't say I regret it given where I am in relation to my hair at the moment.

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
when I realized how stupid balding guys look with longer hair.

I love the buzz cut.

Yes, me to. I looked so rediculous with longer super thin hair. It would take me a long time get comb it over my bald spot, and style it with tons of gel. I wasn't foolish anyone and this became very obvious when strong winds came around. I am so glad I buzzed it down to a number 2 or 3. Less maintance is a great thing.

Nene

Reaction score
Well if you mean buzz with no guard, started doing that when I could no longer pull off the hair style I liked. If you mean buzz with a guard, I'd been buzzing my hair down to a 2, 3 or 4 since I was about 13.