Thorn Medical claims cure

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
LONDON, April 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/

Thorn Medical PLC ("Thorn" or the "Company"), the international healthcare group, today announces the launch of a joint venture company, "Tricogeneca Limited", with IK Clinics Founder and Director Dr Irum Khan, which will provide stem cell treatments for baldness. Capitalising on Thorn Medical's recently acquired Stem Cell Therapy and Research licence in the Bahamas, the company plans to establish its first Tricogeneca Hair Loss treatment centre in the Bahamas, with further centres being established globally.

Jack Kaye, Thorn Medical's CEO said: "We are delighted to establish this joint venture with Dr Khan. She has had great success in using Stem Cells for hair regrowth and we are keen to further promote this amazing breakthrough to make it available internationally, whilst carrying out further on-going development."

Dr Khan said: "Our initial focus has been on treating men, where we've had a 100% success rate and we're now refining our techniques for curing Alopecia in women, which, although still at an early stage, has so far shown similar success."

Dr Khan adds: "In addition to allowing us to provide cures for baldness on a commercial scale using Thorn Medical's Stem Cell licence and treatment facility in the Bahamas, our joint venture will give us access to their state of the art development facility to extend our Stem Cell work in Regenerative Medicine to include inflammatory and autoimmune skin diseases.

Dr Mahmood Bashir, who heads up Thorn Medical's Stem Cell development and treatment efforts, said: "Although current techniques are still in their infancy, with only 10% of the new hair follicles cultured remaining alive, we can culture sufficient quantities in the lab to provide a complete cure for male pattern baldness."

As Mr Kaye sums it up: "With our recent Stem Cell licence in the Bahamas and this new venture, male pattern baldness will soon be a thing of the past!"

Source:
http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-re...de-stem-cell-cure-for-baldness-574585671.html

Thorn Medical's Website:
http://www.thornmedical.com/

Danielst

Reaction score
are they growing follicles for transplant or injecting something into the scalp that stimulates growth?

Brady

Reaction score
please god let this work out! Great start to the day indeed, got guns and roses tickets for the toronto show and now this news. Maybe i'll have slash's hair in time for the show lol

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds better than Turkish foreskin cream!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This sounds interesting. What's your take on this hellouser?

Taking everything with a grain of salt until its 100% verified.

Aren't the Bahamas known for having very relaxed regulations in regards to health treatments?

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
they said we had 100% success in treating male pattern baldness? wtf? nobody heard about it, they cant be serious!

Danielst

Reaction score
sorry for asking twice.
but are they growing follicles for transplant or injecting growth stimulators to the scalp?

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"Although current techniques are still in their infancy, with only 10% of the new hair follicles cultured remaining alive, we can culture sufficient quantities in the lab to provide a complete cure for male pattern baldness."

Infancy aye? read: 5-10 years away.

br1

Reaction score
"Although current techniques are still in their infancy, with only 10% of the new hair follicles cultured remaining alive, we can culture sufficient quantities in the lab to provide a complete cure for male pattern baldness."

Infancy aye? read: 5-10 years away.

I think they mean: "with the current technology with only 10% of the cultured follicles staying alive, and that is enough to cure baldness"..

g.i joey

Reaction score
God if ur listening, please cure us, you got to rock the man bun all ur life, give us a chance to.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

I'm going to pray to every God there is even though I'm agnostic just to help this to work.

Hahaha

I would keep your composure. Who knows if this is legit.

As others have said I think if someone had the cure they'd show tons and tons of pictures showing incredible results. We haven't seen any yet.

Granted they are making some pretty bold statements and Thorn seems to be s legit company.

notsobad

Reaction score
holy ****, this company as a valuation of £340M.
They recently had aproval for their treatments. OMG i hope this is true.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
holy ****, this company as a valuation of £340M.
They recently had aproval for their treatments. OMG i hope this is true.

I don't think £340M is that much in the pharma industry.

Holding out hope but only time will tell.