This Week in Science

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Take It Parise

Reaction score
Believe it or not, there are people out there who believe having a healthy heart, or curing blindness, are more important than having hair. It all comes down to funding man. It's not that people don't give a crap about male pattern baldness, it's that there are more serious illnesses out there that require more funding.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Believe it or not, there are people out there who believe having a healthy heart, or curing blindness, are more important than having hair. It all comes down to funding man. It's not that people don't give a crap about male pattern baldness, it's that there are more serious illnesses out there that require more funding.

Irrelevant.

Yes, there are more serious issues that need attention. They already have a ton more funding than hair loss gets. I can count the number of legitimate research teams working on a cure for baldness on ONE hand but I'd need to write a novel on the work being done for cancer alone.

But more importantly; so what? Just because we need a cure for baldness doesn't mean other research is somehow hindered. That is pretty selfish.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
The problem is the finest scientific brains decided to go into more lucrative fields such as making more powerful nuclear bombs/weapons that can one day kill us. More money in death.

There are 7 billion people in the world, I'm sure from that we can find some fine brains capable of curing all the health issues that cause us hell. There also lots of money circling around. There are lots and lots of bald people that don't want to be bald. Of course a cure should have been found by now. It's just another failure of humanity.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is still far away for commercial use. Maybe couple of decades. And of course, do you really bealive that big pharma companies will allow stem cell treatments? I don’t think so. Just look at Oil industry.

http://www.sbwire.com/press-release...em-cell-treatment-of-heart-disease-667423.htm

DDobler

Established Member
Reaction score
Im always amazed of how hard is to find a solution to baldness. It's insane.
Like it's not that the researchers don't know what causes hairloss. And still - 0 solutions.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The problem is the finest scientific brains decided to go into more lucrative fields such as making more powerful nuclear bombs/weapons that can one day kill us. More money in death.

There are 7 billion people in the world, I'm sure from that we can find some fine brains capable of curing all the health issues that cause us hell. There also lots of money circling around. There are lots and lots of bald people that don't want to be bald. Of course a cure should have been found by now. It's just another failure of humanity.
Yes, there are 7 billion people, but only Europe, North America, Australia, New Zealend, parts Eastern Asia have high quality universities and scientist.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are 7 billion people, but only Europe, North America, Australia, New Zealend, parts Eastern Asia have high quality universities and scientist.

That's still billions of people. India, Pakistan and North Korea have produced scientists that have produced nuclear bombs and other destructive weapons. Scientists are reaching the skies when it comes to creating things that cause misery. Unfortunately for balding people, the guys working in that field do not have the same capabilities as we can see by the current treatments out there.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the bright side, it is pretty cool that I'll never need dentures. I'm holding on for Tsuji's announcement to gauge how depressing my life will be for the next 5-10 years.

Old age with dentures our youth with hair?

I'll take youth with hair over being on my death bed but with teeth. I dont expect to lose my teeth until then either. This hair loss cure is taking WAY too long.