This should make some people feel better about their hairlos

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems fast to me, but what do I know about hairloss, I have only been here a few short months. I remember when I first started on this website I thought frequently about how much better off I was than many others here. I was a Norwood 2, if that. I am now a Norwood 3+. I hope I am making people out there feel better about their hairloss because my temples change for the worse noticeably nearly everyday and once in a while I'll look at them and be shocked about how much worse they have gotten since the last time I looked. They receed a 1/4" per month starting in Dec 2004. Scary to think about my 1 year mark.

I don't require any responses to this, but if you know something that might give me hope or have encouraging remarks, I'm all eyes.

fritz96

Reaction score
Yeah, when I saw your earlier post about Tegretol I thought I'd do a search for you as some drugs have hair loss as a side effect. If you check out the following site you'll see it's listed as less common, but remember side effects are downplayed as much as possible. More common means likely and less common means more common. Reference finasteride where sexual sides are considered almost non-existent.

http://www.accessmednet.com/prescriptio ... epine.html

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi rapidfrontal. First, I don't feel better about myself by looking at others setbacks or problems. Rather, I tend to see people for who they are, with limitations like me. So when I read about your challenge, I thought to myself about how I could offer some real and tangible encouragement. I guess the best thing that I could say is persist with what you're doing at present. But be open to new developments and move forward cautiously but with momentum.

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
Greg1 said:
Hi rapidfrontal. First, I don't feel better about myself by looking at others setbacks or problems. Rather, I tend to see people for who they are, with limitations like me. So when I read about your challenge, I thought to myself about how I could offer some real and tangible encouragement. I guess the best thing that I could say is persist with what you're doing at present. But be open to new developments and move forward cautiously but with momentum.

Greg, I appreciate that.