This result prove SMP + hair transplant can greatly work *(for those who are willing to go the shaved head way)

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw this result on instagram. This guy first received an hair transplant hairline and frontal third.

Then he received SMP a year after. I think it can for greatly for NW4,5,+ with HIGH sides ! It works only if you conserve high sides in your balding progress.

Yes it would give a 3D effet at the hairline greater then at the mid scalp or the vertex, but 3d effect is the most important at the hairline because of the ''face framing''.

It gives a better effect than SMP only. as you can see on the two pictures here. Less of a ''flat'' and ''bloc'' head with the hair transplant.
Capture d’écran, le 2021-02-23 à 19.02.21.png
Capture d’écran, le 2021-07-29 à 14.18.17.png

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks decent for those that have good head shapes but having a shaved head isn't much better than being bald tbh. You get the hairline to frame your face but you can still never grow your hair out again.

jazz1

Reaction score
What happens when you get old and have white hairs…..

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks decent for those that have good head shapes but having a shaved head isn't much better than being bald tbh. You get the hairline to frame your face but you can still never grow your hair out again.
It’s a lot better than looking like an egg with eyes

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it's a cool option, nothing wrong with it at all. For me I was lucky I'm able to let my transplant grow out and it still looks decent enough.. which I prefer over a buzzcut. With a buzzcut I would have more uniformity, but the benefits of longer hair on top outweigh it for me personally.

Tripa

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks really good but you need to shave every day to look realistic

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are awesome. Many people slag off SMP but a lot of places do an amazing job and it’s only going to get better. I’ll be getting this eventually.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
These are awesome. Many people slag off SMP but a lot of places do an amazing job and it’s only going to get better. I’ll be getting this eventually.
It's the transplant that does the trick here, not SMP. I'm still not really sold on SMP after all these years.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
you mean the transplant does the job for the 3d effect in the front?
Yeah. SMP alone on a bald head looks terrible. I've seen it on darker skin tones too.. it can look good in a picture under the right lighting, but irl? I don't know.

You can simply get a transplant and keep it buzzed. Tell the doctor you are planning to buzz it in advance, probably requires less grafts and he will spread the grafts accordingly.

If you get SMP that also means you won't be able to let your hair grow out if you change your mind.. better to keep both options.

Not to mention SMP requires maintenance every few years.

Tripa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. SMP alone on a bald head looks terrible. I've seen it on darker skin tones too.. it can look good in a picture under the right lighting, but irl? I don't know.

You can simply get a transplant and keep it buzzed. Tell the doctor you are planning to buzz it in advance, probably requires less grafts and he will spread the grafts accordingly.

If you get SMP that also means you won't be able to let your hair grow out if you change your mind.. better to keep both options.

except for density do you think also the angles are important for when you shave the hair with smp? or they will just look like dots anyway?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I’ve seen some hairlines blended well out here in South Korea but im not sold either to be honest. Not yet. I don’t think I’ll lose my hairline tho so I might be okay

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve seen some hairlines blended well out here in South Korea but im not sold either to be honest. Not yet. I don’t think I’ll lose my hairline tho so I might be okay
Do you have the same pattern as DJ Khaled and Prince Harry? Where the hairline remains strong and the hairloss is mostly in the back

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have the same pattern as DJ Khaled and Prince Harry? Where the hairline remains strong and the hairloss is mostly in the back
It’s everywhere mate. Up, down, left, right lol. My hair just equally thins out. Shed heavily from the back and sides too

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s everywhere mate. Up, down, left, right lol. My hair just equally thins out. Shed heavily from the back and sides too
I've lost density on the sides and back too but it stopped at a certain point many years ago and stayed the same since then

I always attributed it to being a natural part of the norwooding process

norwood_spotter

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nope, there is a big difference being bald with a norwood 1 shadow and being bald with a horseshoe shadow,

the result looks great, i wonder if he got the full norwood 5 area transplanted though