This Ones For All The People That Ride Mathew Mchonahey's Nuts. Never Had A Hair Transplant

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's an interesting picture and looks really good. Actually it's from 2012 though by reverse image search.

Under less favorable lighting, this was his 2013 hair, one year later at the same event, very clearly still showing male pattern baldness in the NW2-3 range:

View attachment 67278

Which then looked like this ie. MUCH BETTER and very similar to yours in the official paparazzi pictures:

View attachment 67279

Absolutely this is still in the realm of medication response. And you can see the difference angles, styling, lighting, and photography make.

A hairpiece would have to replace his CORNERS to put him back to a true NW1 and then would be visible in these pictures the same way Travolta's has been.

It's quite possible he's using concealers and other tricks at certain times, but a hairpiece does not seem evident.

I understand what you're proposing Crystal, but we don't see that here. We see generally thin hair on top, with thin corners. Possibly these have been augmented with transplants or concealers. But we can see right through his hair. The density is consistent with male pattern baldness NW2-3, and there is no unusual combing behavior to hide anything. The forelock and the corners are all cut the same length and look like the same hair growing from his head equally in equal densities to normal male NW2-3 hair.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand what you're proposing Crystal, but we don't see that here. We see generally thin hair on top, with thin corners. Possibly these have been augmented with transplants or concealers. But we can see right through his hair. The density is consistent with male pattern baldness NW2-3, and there is no unusual combing behavior to hide anything.
You're talking about this particular photo man. He's loaded with concealer here. No system. No hair transplant because his corners aren't there aka no one would do this unravel hairline in a hair transplant.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair system or heavy concesrler, but no hair transplant, and not finasteride results. Case closed.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.PNG
    IMG_1573.PNG
    452.5 KB · Views: 158

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're talking about this particular photo man. He's loaded with concealer here. No system. No hair transplant because his corners aren't there aka no one would do this unravel hairline in a hair transplant.

Well if you can accept that's not a hairpiece, this is what he looked like at that same event from other pictures:

Matthew+McConaughey+2013+Film+Independent+BHV9ZmWpczil.jpg

matthew-mcconaughey-2013-film-independent-spirit-awards-press-room-03.jpg

Looks pretty damn good (besides the fact that he's so gaunt from the movie he just shot).

So we can clearly see a lot of this is just lighting, styling, angles, all of which are manipulated to his benefit in movies.

Here is from another less favorable shot the same day:
matt.jpg

So just in the span of a few hours we can see very different hair strengths for him. If you didn't know, you might think he was an NW1 that night from some of the "better" pictures, but he's still clearly a NW2-3 from the less favorable ones.

Anyway I can't spend every night for the next week staring and arguing over Matthew McConnaughey pictures. That's my opinion and I'm pretty sure of it.

Even tricks like "weaves" (or hair extensions) may be possible at times. But a hairpiece to replace his corners to make him NW1 by definition would show as lace in the corners, just like Travolta or Shatner, which has never been the case for him despite hundreds of thousands of photos taken.

With how thin and see through his hair is at most occasions when sun is shining on it, any lace would be visible on his scalp. It's never been visible though. So I don't think that's a plausible explanation.