This minoxidil study has definitely gotten me concerned

lideratot

Reaction score
Alright, this minoxidl study has gotten me concerned http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/finasteride-minoxidil.htm (found it at hairlosshelp) - It says that once you quit minoxidil, your hairloss gets worse than it actually was before you started it! Can someone explain this?? I've been on this stuff for about 3 months, applying it on the crown only (although it's not thinning too much) in hopes that it also helps out my frontal/top area- My questions are

1- Would reducing minoxidil applications to 1x a day cause shedding, and could it still be benefitial and maintain my regrowth?

2- Does applying minoxidil only at the crown also effect the top/front of the scalp? So if i quit minoxidil, will i also experience a shed at the front?

3- Why would anyone want to start a medication that helps when you're on, but with the potential threat of making the situation worse if the need to quit arises? It's like being possesed by this thing!

Thank you very much

rockstar

Reaction score
I think what it is saying is if u come off milxidil u may get a shed....it should stablise again. Also it didnt happen to every man who did this it happened to a couple.

erik

Reaction score
It was probably in alt.hairloss.d (or alt.baldspot.d) where I saw this comparison by someone who seemed to have several wise comments:

Using finasteride is like pushing stop button in your timer watch. Once you quit, the balding continues from the point where it was before starting with finas.

Using minoxidil is like pushing "lap time" button in your timer watch. The balding continues in the background and once you quit with minoxidil, you'll jump forward to where the balding has progressed in the background while seemingly stopped with minoxidil.

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
so what button do you push if you use both? :hairy:

rockstar

Reaction score
I like thr above post about the buton pushing..thatsa goods way to look at it. If u have been using milxidil for a for a short time and quit i dont think much damage will be done

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ChiaHead said:
so what button do you push if you use both? :hairy:
The little red Panic button :)