This is why I think hair cloning is still at least 8 years away in the most optimistic scenario

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The head of research of Stemson, the only legitimate dog in the race as of now, just said that they're still 3-4 years away AT LEAST from delivering something to the clinic (source). We are not sure if by "delivering to the clinic" he meant clinical trials or commercial release, but let's assume their research will succeed (and that's a huge IF) and that they will be able to commercially release something in 5 years optimistically.

So does it mean we will be able to clone our donor hairs in 5 years? NO!

There will be HUGE waiting lines and the scalling up of the operations will take years.

No chance for the regular bald dude of getting their hands on HC in the first year. To give you an example, the best/most demanded hair transplant surgeons of today have a waiting line of close to 2 years. TWO years. And we are talking about regular hair transplants here, nothing miraculous.

Imagine the demand size once HC gets "available", it will be huge, much larger than the supply. And on the supply side there will be lots of challenges related to logistics (remember cells will be multiplied in labs), learning curve, mistakes, training people etc.

So it's certain that the waiting line for HC once its launched will be longer than of the best hair transplant today. Let's assume it will take 3 years.

5 + 3 = 8 years. Boom. And this timeframe is assuming there won't be any setbacks with Stemson (and you know there will be). Sorry fellow baldies.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just based on the current situation I would say it won't be available/affordable to the common person before 2030 - 2035. For a lot of us, by then, it will be too late make a difference. I'll be 40 by 2035, what will it matter at that point? Sure, it will be nice to get a full head of hair back at whatever age, but the impact that being bald(ing) had on your life is already done - most people will have settled down and experienced everything by that time, and we? Are we going to go clubbing at 40 y/o to make up for the fact that we didn't have our 20s? Unless aging reversal comes around the same time or sooner, the damage is done I'm afraid.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just based on the current situation I would say it won't be available/affordable to the common person before 2030 - 2035. For a lot of us, by then, it will be too late make a difference. I'll be 40 by 2035, what will it matter at that point? Sure, it will be nice to get a full head of hair back at whatever age, but the impact that being bald(ing) had on your life is already done - most people will have settled down and experienced everything by that time, and we? Are we going to go clubbing at 40 y/o to make up for the fact that we didn't have our 20s? Unless aging reversal comes around the same time or sooner, the damage is done I'm afraid.
I get your point but disagree with the complete logic.

If it didnt matter at age 40 then surely you’d get a hair transplant right now. What’s stopping you? Go get a full dense pack 6000 graph transplant and enjoy 25-39 and as soon as your 40 boom it doesn’t matter.

Not trying to be hostile in any way but Ive noticed a common theme on these forums. I fall into this aswell. Almost everyone on here sole purpose is to whine and not take action.

After dealing with this for over 2 years its pretty f*****g clear what everyone’s options are. 1) try common medications 2) full commit to an extreme regime 3) transplant 4) feminization 5) whine, b**ch, moan 6) shave.

I dont know about you but the three that make the most sense to me is common meds, transplant, if all else fails shave.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s not true. Well, you’ll change your mind.
I had my first hair transplant at 30 and I’m 42 now just starting to worry about my crown.

That’s 10 years of feeling awesome. When you’re 40 you’ll be like fuuuuuuuuuuk.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
The head of research of Stemson, the only legitimate dog in the race as of now, just said that they're still 3-4 years away AT LEAST from delivering something to the clinic (source). We are not sure if by "delivering to the clinic" he meant clinical trials or commercial release, but let's assume their research will succeed (and that's a huge IF) and that they will be able to commercially release something in 5 years optimistically.

So does it mean we will be able to clone our donor hairs in 5 years? NO!

There will be HUGE waiting lines and the scalling up of the operations will take years.

No chance for the regular bald dude of getting their hands on HC in the first year. To give you an example, the best/most demanded hair transplant surgeons of today have a waiting line of close to 2 years. TWO years. And we are talking about regular hair transplants here, nothing miraculous.

Imagine the demand size once HC gets "available", it will be huge, much larger than the supply. And on the supply side there will be lots of challenges related to logistics (remember cells will be multiplied in labs), learning curve, mistakes, training people etc.

So it's certain that the waiting line for HC once its launched will be longer than of the best hair transplant today. Let's assume it will take 3 years.

5 + 3 = 8 years. Boom. And this timeframe is assuming there won't be any setbacks with Stemson (and you know there will be). Sorry fellow baldies.
You’re a whinging c*** yourself. you’re just sharing your pessimistic speculation.

You have no idea about what’s being developed in all countries and you don’t know what’s being developed under wraps.

We also can’t predict other innovations. And by we I mean you.

Keep your speculation to yourself.

Stop pissing on the party.
Feel free to keep posting about this new stemblah company that you think is the holy grail as they make announcements.

Otherwise this just becomes your crybaby rant spot as opposed to a forum about cutting edge technologies. It’s not called ‘whinging fags splurting their depressing drivel’ forum.

Make sense?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
it makes sense:) Stemson not even did their preclincal work, there are still problems to overcome. they dont know if the hair will dht resistant, 8 years imo is very very optimistic, Tsuji does it since 2012 and in 2020 he has nothing

Betting on Stemson sounds like Ben Stiller going full retard.

Stemson can eat my balls along with all this other negative Nancy bullshit. Until they a before and after photo of somebody post a treatment.

Sure it’s easy to diss Histogen but at least they have some level of photographic evidence.

Until Stemballs have at LEAST that. Until they can at least match Histogen’s shitty *** photos they can eat a sack of dicks.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
If nothing works and you still want hair, get multiple transplants. Get a new transplant every 5 years, rape your donor zone, fck it.
This is the only thing here even close to fact and it’s definitely possible now and in 15 years time.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be a couple years, could be 20 years. Nobody knows. As far as the price goes, I don't care if the average person can afford it or not. If my hair were to get bad enough, like it was before treatment, then I'd pay the exorbitant price.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

When approved they should have solved all their challenges. Or else the treatment can't be approved.

Look at Tsuji, took them 7 years to solve their chain supply problems. Its not something to think about when the treatment is approved. It is something that is a part of development. Same with the learning curve, that is what the trails are for, learning and get rid of those problems that might be under development.

But those 8 years, makes no sense. Its just like pulling a number out of the thin air and hope that it sticks. And you even write yourself that is only sticks if nothing happens, and still you write, there is always something happening for the delay. So the 8 years makes even less sense.

And Stemson isn't really the only one. Replicel is the one, that is actually doing human trails and moving forward.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, most of 40yr old who go clubbing or live like teenagers only does this because they still look young somehow, specially the hair. I'd definetly do it if I still had the looks to do it.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how is Stemson supposed to deliver anything in 8 years if Tsuji didn't? Stemson does not have a finished product for human testing, it may take 8 years to prepare for human trials
we don't know.

But what would worry me about their treatment is

"Potential for Allogeneic Approach
Using banked iPSC cells, rather than harvesting the patient's own cells, will offer further scalability and superior economics." - Stemson

That would make me think twice about that approach. Also there must be some immune system challenges to that approach when injecting foreign cells or so into another humans body.

My Regimen
Reaction score
40 is not that old. I mean Ryan Reynolds and Jared Leto still look good. Now if it's 50 then we're talking.

You're as old as your hairline. And after all it depends on your lifestyle. Look at that rock bands guys. They all look and feel like youngsters, but only the full head ones. They basically live in a time capsule where they still live the teenage dream. Of course an average joe doing it would be pathetic. But these guys are settled for life, they're rich. They can live any life they want.

People are becoming adults later nowadays and it only tends to get worse. Imagine a bunch of bald manchilds.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're as old as your hairline. And after all it depends on your lifestyle. Look at that rock bands guys. They all look and feel like youngsters, but only the full head ones. They basically live in a time capsule where they still live the teenage dream. Of course an average joe doing it would be pathetic. But these guys are settled for life, they're rich. They can live any life they want.

People are becoming adults later nowadays and it only tends to get worse. Imagine a bunch of bald manchilds.

Well Judas Preist leader singer is bald and living the dream. Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammett from Metallica is doing the same. Also Five Finger Deadpunch singer is and the list goes on.

There are loads of bald rockstars out there, even movie stars.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well Judas Preist leader singer is bald and living the dream. Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammett from Metallica is doing the same. Also Five Finger Deadpunch singer is and the list goes on.

There are loads of bald rockstars out there, even movie stars.

Yes but they don't act like teens. They act their age. Rob Halford is a nice bald Sir. Lars sometimes acts younger, but his baldness makes it look weird. I have a theory that if you go bald young you're forced to mature and act older, no matter how old you are. The opposite is the same. If you look way young you don't develop correctly.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but they don't act like teens. They act their age. Rob Halford is a nice bald Sir. Lars sometimes acts younger, but his baldness makes it look weird. I have a theory that if you go bald young you're forced to mature and act older, no matter how old you are. The opposite is the same. If you look way young you don't develop correctly.
Your theory makes no sense.

My Regimen
Reaction score
even some say bruce willis is handsome, for example, or jason statham
Bruce Willis was always handsome, hair wasn't his main feature. But I honestly think he looked better with the horseshoe or that thinning hair from 90s than now as an egg head. Seriously, he's probabbly the only guy who looks balding than bald.

But all these guys, Staham, Bruce, The Rock etc. It's their "tough guy" looks that look good, not their appearance itself. A feminine looking bald guy still look atrocious.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zidane is another good example. He's a good looking guy. Still look good bald, but of course looke way better with hair. Actually his hairtype and hairloss is very similar to smine, expect I don't have the monk bald spot. But I was born with the same huge widows peak.

My Regimen
Reaction score
He inexplicably bagged Demi Moore, but then she left him for Ashton Kutcher. I hate when beautiful girls date ugly guys because she could've brought another beautiful woman into this world, and instead she had that hideous girl with Bruce Willis.
Both carry the bald genes. Ashton took Avodart for more than a decade.

Bald people in general shouldn't breed.