This is why I take multivitamin...

The Gardener

Reaction score
Just to clarify, what I refer to as Teitelbaum's is marketed under the brand "enzymatic therapy". Dr Teitlebaum I have studied for a while, and he is the designer of this particular cocktail of vitamins.

The entire Enzymatic Therapy brand is made up of nutrient and vitamin blends that are free of artificial colors and flavors, and excessive additives. Their products are enhanced in that they make sure to give them appropriate enteric coating so as to make sure they are absorbed efficiently, and not sh*t or pissed out.

I also take a minimal dosage of the Enzymatic Therapy Valerian blend (Revitalizing Sleep Blend) for sleep quality. One pill daily before bedtime just to keep it in my bloodstream, and on those days when I know I can sleep in, I'll bump up to 2 or 3 pills. Best sleep ever, as long as you allow a full 8 hours to let yourself sleep or you will feel sluggish upon waking. The trick with Valerian is to take a minimal dosage for 2-3 weeks to get the penetration into your system, then you start to feel it. Then, take the higher dosages on nights when you can ensure a long period of sleep. It gives me deep sleep and vivid dreams, and I awaken very refreshed. Valerian will not help make you sleepy, but once asleep, it supposedly enhances depth and quality of sleep.

mrlestat

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
I also take a minimal dosage of the Enzymatic Therapy Valerian blend (Revitalizing Sleep Blend) for sleep quality. One pill daily before bedtime just to keep it in my bloodstream, and on those days when I know I can sleep in, I'll bump up to 2 or 3 pills. Best sleep ever, as long as you allow a full 8 hours to let yourself sleep or you will feel sluggish upon waking. The trick with Valerian is to take a minimal dosage for 2-3 weeks to get the penetration into your system, then you start to feel it. Then, take the higher dosages on nights when you can ensure a long period of sleep. It gives me deep sleep and vivid dreams, and I awaken very refreshed. Valerian will not help make you sleepy, but once asleep, it supposedly enhances depth and quality of sleep.

I have difficulty sleeping at times. I've tried valerian forte (blackmores) pills occasionally and have found them to have no real effect... Didn't realise it builds up in your system over time though - I'll try that.. Cheers.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Buffboy said:
nexus81 said:
Buffboy said:
A couple of months ago I decided to add a multivitamin pill to my daily routine. According to several Scandinavian doctors zinc should play a significant role in the hairloss process. I'm telling you - generally Scandinavian doctors know their sh*t.

Funny, I can't find as many webpages in English about zinc's role. But there are many Danish websites which are stating the above.

I'll just translate one article:

"Swedish scientists discovered that the lack of zinc play a considerably role in the hairloss process. They discovered that men with hairloss tendencies had unusual low zinc levels in their blood... Stress, tiredness and chock can tricker hairloss too. Scientists have messured the zinc level in men that lived under extreme stress. The zinc level in their hair fell drastically. So does the zinc level when you undergo surgeries.
It could be a good idea to take zinc supplements when experiencing either hairloss, stressfull situations and after illness."

Original Danish article:
"Svenske forskere har fundet ud af, at mangel på zink spiller en betydelig rolle ved hårtab. De opdagede, at folk med tendens til hårtab havde unormalt lavt zinkindhold i blodet. Man antager også, at zink kan modvirke generende skæl. Stress, træthed og chok kan få mange til at tabe håret. Forskere har da også målt zinkniveauet hos personer, der blev udsat for ekstrem stress. Zinkindholdet i deres hår faldt markant. Det gør zinkindholdet også, når man gennemgår operationer. Det er måske en god idé at tage et ekstra tilskud zink ved hårtab, i stressede situationer og efter sygdom."

http://www.helsenyt.com/frame.cfm/cms/i ... =8/menu=2/

I love my centrum multivitamin...each tablet contains 5 mg of zinc. :lol:
Don't you mean 15 mg of zinc and not 5 mg? 15 mg is the daily dosis (100%).

Well..the one i take has only 5 mg of zinc...i dont know why! :(

memphisB

Reaction score
can't u get zinc from bananas?
I read some menshealth months back about certain high percent contain in fresh ones.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
memphisB said:
can't u get zinc from bananas?
I read some menshealth months back about certain high percent contain in fresh ones.
Don't know about banana's....maybe you're thinking potassium?
Zinc is found in many of the foods we eat daily.

brewer's yeast, dulse,egg yolks, fish, kelp, amb, legumes, lima beans, liver, meats, mushrooms, oysters, pecans, poultry, pumpkin seeds, sardines, seafood, soy lecithin, soybeans, sunflower seeds, torula yeast, and whole grains.
Herbs that contain zinc include:
alfalfa, burdock root, cayenne, chamomile, chickweed, dandelion, eyebright, fennel seed, hops, milk thistle, mullein, nettle, parsley, rose hips, sage, sarsaparilla, skullcap, and wild yam.