This is why I take multivitamin...

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I decided to add a multivitamin pill to my daily routine. According to several Scandinavian doctors zinc should play a significant role in the hairloss process. I'm telling you - generally Scandinavian doctors know their sh*t.

Funny, I can't find as many webpages in English about zinc's role. But there are many Danish websites which are stating the above.

I'll just translate one article:

"Swedish scientists discovered that the lack of zinc play a considerably role in the hairloss process. They discovered that men with hairloss tendencies had unusual low zinc levels in their blood... Stress, tiredness and chock can tricker hairloss too. Scientists have messured the zinc level in men that lived under extreme stress. The zinc level in their hair fell drastically. So does the zinc level when you undergo surgeries.
It could be a good idea to take zinc supplements when experiencing either hairloss, stressfull situations and after illness."

Original Danish article:
"Svenske forskere har fundet ud af, at mangel på zink spiller en betydelig rolle ved hårtab. De opdagede, at folk med tendens til hårtab havde unormalt lavt zinkindhold i blodet. Man antager også, at zink kan modvirke generende skæl. Stress, træthed og chok kan få mange til at tabe håret. Forskere har da også målt zinkniveauet hos personer, der blev udsat for ekstrem stress. Zinkindholdet i deres hår faldt markant. Det gør zinkindholdet også, når man gennemgår operationer. Det er måske en god idé at tage et ekstra tilskud zink ved hårtab, i stressede situationer og efter sygdom."

http://www.helsenyt.com/frame.cfm/cms/i ... =8/menu=2/

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Both. I clearly read "men with hairloss tendencies" as male pattern baldness. But as stated further down in the article - also stress can cause hairloss. The latter of course being "normal" hairloss.

And Gardner: I read that translation of yours... Hilarious! :lol: :lol:

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hehe.. I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.. but, I didn't want it to distract from the point of your original post and 'hijack' this thread, so I deleted it.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was actually taking zinc at the beginning of my regimen, i think i will start again .. thanks :)

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Buffboy said:
A couple of months ago I decided to add a multivitamin pill to my daily routine. According to several Scandinavian doctors zinc should play a significant role in the hairloss process. I'm telling you - generally Scandinavian doctors know their sh*t.

Funny, I can't find as many webpages in English about zinc's role. But there are many Danish websites which are stating the above.

"Swedish scientists discovered that the lack of zinc play a considerably role in the hairloss process. They discovered that men with hairloss tendencies had unusual low zinc levels in their blood... Stress, tiredness and chock can tricker hairloss too. Scientists have messured the zinc level in men that lived under extreme stress. The zinc level in their hair fell drastically. So does the zinc level when you undergo surgeries.
It could be a good idea to take zinc supplements when experiencing either hairloss, stressfull situations and after illness."

Original Danish article:
"Svenske forskere har fundet ud af, at mangel på zink spiller en betydelig rolle ved hårtab. De opdagede, at folk med tendens til hårtab havde unormalt lavt zinkindhold i blodet. Man antager også, at zink kan modvirke generende skæl. Stress, træthed og chok kan få mange til at tabe håret. Forskere har da også målt zinkniveauet hos personer, der blev udsat for ekstrem stress. Zinkindholdet i deres hår faldt markant. Det gør zinkindholdet også, når man gennemgår operationer. Det er måske en god idé at tage et ekstra tilskud zink ved hårtab, i stressede situationer og efter sygdom."

I love my centrum multivitamin...each tablet contains 5 mg of zinc. :lol:

misterium

Reaction score
Centrum:

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Servings Per Container:
Amount per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin A (29% as Beta Carotene) 3500 IU 100%
Vitamin C 60 mg 100%
Vitamin D 400 IU 100%
Vitamin E 30 IU 100%
Vitamin K 25 mcg 31%
Thiamin (B1) 1.5 mg 100%
Riboflavin (B2) 1.7 mg 100%
Niacin (B3) 20 mg 100%
Vitamin B6 2 mg 100%
Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 6 mcg 100%
Biotin 30 mcg 10%
Pantothenic acid 10 mg 100%
Calcium 162 mg 16%
Iron 18 mg 100%
Phosphorus 109 mg 11%
Iodine 150 mcg 100%
Magnesium 100 mg 25%
Zinc 15 mg 100%
Selenium 20 mcg 29%
Copper 2 mg 100%
Manganese 2 mg 100%
Chromium 120 mcg 100%
Molybdenum 75 mcg 100%
Chloride 72 mg 2%
Potassium 80 mg 2%
Nickel 5 mcg *
Tin 10 mcg *
Silicon 2 mg *
Vanadium 10 mcg *
Boron 150 mcg *
Lutein 250 mcg*
Lycopene 300 mcg*
* Daily Value not established.

The Gardener

Reaction score
No way.. Teitlebaum's is the sh*t. He gives a complete spread of vitamins, skips on the ones that are readily eaten in a typical daily diet, and megadoses on the ones that you piss out throughout the course of the day. Then, adds in a spread of basic aminos that are commonly taken separately as supplements:

Vitamin A 7000 IU (140%)
Vitamin B1 75 mg (5,000%)
Vitamin B2 75 mg (4,412%)
Niacin 50 mg (250%)
Vitamin B6 85 mg (4,250%)
Folic Acid 800 mcg (200%)
Vitamin B12 500 mcg (8,333%)
Pantothenic Acid 50 mcg (500%)
Vitamin C 750 mg (1,250%)
Vitamin D 600 IU (150%)
Vitamin E 100 IU (333%)
Biotin 200mcg (67%)
Iodine 150 mcg (100%)
Magnesium 200 mg (50%)
Zinc 15 mg (100%)
Selenium 200 mcg (286%)
Copper 500 mcg (25%)
Manganese 4 mg (200%)
Chromium 200 mcg (167%)
Molybdenum 250 mcg (333%)
Sodium 25 mg (1%)
Potassium 50 mg (1%)
L-Alanine 300 mg
L-Arginine 145 mg
L-Aspartic Acid 665 mg
L-Cystine 120 mg
L-Glutamic Acid 1,090 mg
Glycine 500 mg
L-Histadine 105 mg
L-Isoleucine 350 mg
L-Leucine 630 mg
L-Lycine 550 mg
L-Methionine 125 mg
L-Phenalalyne 145 mg
L-Proline 385 mg
L-Serine 540 mg
Taurine 500 mg
L-Threonine 415 mg
L-Tryptophan 75 mg
L-Tyrosine 525 mg
L-Valine 340 mg

misterium

Reaction score
^ Where can I buy some Teitlebaum Daily Enfusion online ???

The Gardener

Reaction score
Here is Teitlebaum's website... its a solid operation, I suggest you poke around and get a feel for what they are about:

http://www.enzy.com

As for the cheapest place to order it from, here is the best I can find:

http://www.vitacost.com/store/products/ ... t=products

It's good sh*t. Read the website, it made such a positive impact on the consistency of my energy throughout the day, and reduced my brain fog, that I now order a few other products in the Enzymatic line regularly. I used to use Centrum, I honestly think Teitlebaum/Enzymatic is better. Noticeably better.

oni

Reaction score
Gardener where is the iron? but I must say the spread of amino acids look good. I guess they may not add iron because you drink the stuff and any beneficial amounts would make the drink taste nasty :x

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
where can u get Teitlebaum's vitamins?

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
nexus81 said:
Buffboy said:

Original Danish article:

I love my centrum multivitamin...each tablet contains 5 mg of zinc. :lol:
Don't you mean 15 mg of zinc and not 5 mg? 15 mg is the daily dosis (100%).

Petchsky

Reaction score
That Teitlebaum stuff looks good. How do they get all that in one pill...

Centrum might be easier to buy though. Been thinking about adding something.. cheers for the link about iron. :p

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
cool i hope my intake of a multivitamin once a day for the past 3 years does me good in the future

The Gardener

Reaction score
The Teitlebaums stuff does not come in one pill, it has two components. It's a small scoop of powder into a large glass of water, along with a capsule that has the B-Complex and some other goodies in it.

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
That Teitlebaum stuff looks good. How do they get all that in one pill...

Centrum might be easier to buy though. Been thinking about adding something.. cheers for the link about iron. :p

Actually, I've been able to find Enzymatic Therapy at just about every health food store I've shopped at. It doesn't have the same marketing behind it as Centrum, but it's surprisingly easy to locate.

And, FWIW, I totally agree that Enzymatic Therapy is good stuff. I take it religiously.