This is what HELL looks like.... Photos inside!

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
definitely not male pattern baldness.

Oh alright... ALMOST definitely not male pattern baldness.

NeedHelp

Reaction score
Coolder

Sex and masturbate? Not at all once a week maybe at max
Insomnia? well I sleep usually at 3am but thats cause i am mind fuked with this hair sh*t

Always Thristy? not really just a little bit

almostbald

Reaction score
this not not classic male pattern baldness for sure. seems like you got full diffuse thinning, ive seen this before-albeit rare. i would definately get this checked, as your loss is similar to that of alopecia areata (diffuse version). good luck. by the way, its not just you thats fuked, we're all there to some degree aswell/

G

almostbald said:
this not not classic male pattern baldness for sure. seems like you got full diffuse thinning, ive seen this before-albeit rare. i would definately get this checked, as your loss is similar to that of alopecia areata (diffuse version). good luck. by the way, its not just you thats fuked, we're all there to some degree aswell/

People accused me of not having male pattern baldness, only for a year later, the pattern to show more.

Photos do not show the best picture.

However, in this case the majority appear to be correct. It doesn’t look male pattern baldness. It's diffused all over, which is good for you. Certainly beats male pattern baldness.

Get a doctors appointment ASAP.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Sheeit, that is EXACTLY the same thing I have been experiencing for the past 1 1/2 years. I cant figure it out. My thinning isnt as bad as yours and isnt very noticeable when my hair is dry (except for where my hair parts). I had bloodwork done and they said there is no DHT abnormalities, nor any problems with my thyroid.
I feel for you man, mainly because I have the same problem and have no idea whats causing it.
Please keep us posted when you see a derm.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
After you see your doctor/dermatologist, you should buzz your hair down really short. It will look much better and make you feel a lot better too.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
In the meantime, Toppik is made for people like you. Get the right color and shake it on. You'll feel a lot better when you go out.

viperfish

Reaction score
Have you ever had your thyroid checked? It could be a combination of both male pattern baldness and a thyroid condition. I would have that checked! Have you always had thin hair, even when very young? You may have genetically baby fine hair.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
MidnightFlyer said:
In the meantime, Toppik is made for people like you. Get the right color and shake it on. You'll feel a lot better when you go out.

yeah man i feel for you i'm experiencing this wierd *** thinning too. you have a better hairline than me though. (mine's /\/\ <= like that)

anyway yeah like MidnightFlyer said you might want to buy one of those concealling products. i personally use dermatch sometimes and man you would never be able to tell that i even had the slightest issue with hair. try going to http://www.dermatch.com

by the way how old are you? i'm f*****g 17 and i've been dealing with this sh*t since i was 13 after an unfortunate "accidental hair pulling" incident. i hope this sh*t gets healed man. good luck to us both.

and viperfish what is a thyroid condition? and how would getting that checked help me understand more about my condition? thanks

NeedHelp

Reaction score
Pleasehelpme

First of all I FEEL YOU PAIN... did you go to the derm? if so what did he say it is?

FUK HER LOSS........ THIS IS A FUKIN DISEASE WORST THAN SMALL POX EVER WAS

misterium

Reaction score
^ no, not really.

you need some perspective.

YoungGuy18

Reaction score
NeedHelp said:
Alright guys.... I have decided to give this sh*t up. I am in no favor of winning this battle. My WHOLE fukin head is thin, i mean i cant put rogaine everywhere. Also i have been on propecia (finasteride) for about a 1-1/2 years and NADA .... Nada dam thing...... WTF I thought they say male pattern baldness doesnt effect the sides of your head than what the fuk is this.my whole head has been thinning.. ALL YOU OUT THERE CONSIDER YOURSELFS LUCKY BECAUSE I AM REALLY FUKED.

HERE IS MY HAIR WET..

Http://photos.yahoo.com/rags2377

- I am so FUKED!!!

nah i wouldnt say your fucked. I can indentify your thinning but you dont have any loss which plays into your hands. You would be a great canidate for toppik. I suggest you bring out and your ultimate weapon and nuke your male pattern baldness by getting out duasteride. Its time. Plus your hair is not so bad if you responded to duasteride you could save all of your hair. Some hair vitamins can help. Maybe a cleaner diet also. Continue to keep us posted on your situation.

YG

Keep your head up your hair is not so bad.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
NeedHelp said:
Pleasehelpme

First of all I FEEL YOU PAIN... did you go to the derm? if so what did he say it is?

FUK HER LOSS........ THIS IS A FUKIN DISEASE WORST THAN SMALL POX EVER WAS

right on brotha i feel your pain too...

it's funny that you might ask... i've been to 3 doctors (2 dermatologists) about my situation. my doctor she recommended that if i'm that worried i should try rogaine (i was 15 at the time but pretty much through puberty) but i heard about sh*t like it growing hair in unwanted spots. a few months later at my next checkup i asked her again and she recommended this dermatologist.

i went to this motherfucker, i had to wait over an hour past my appointment time, and this motherfucker did nothing except say that i had no thinning, he put on latex gloves which f*****g yanked out my hairs and he said nothing and did nothing. basically he robbed my mom's money haha.

then about 1/2 a year later i went back to the doctor and asked her to refer me to a dermatologist not a dumbass, hair-pulling thief. the second derm. i went to was a lot better and he didn't diagnose my situation as 100% male pattern baldness but he said he definitely saw thinning.

he recommended propecia and when i told him that i was using minoxidil (at the time i was) he didn't know WHAT that was haha.

yeah so he told me to do this haircount sh*t where you count everyhair that falls out everyday... this is a bad idea... it'll only make you even more depressed about your hair(loss).

you and i are lucky that we found this site because honestly speaking, these people are friendly, know a SHITLOAD more about hairloss and treating it than most dermatologists (a lot more than the 2 i've seen), and they can actually fuckin relate to us since they are experiencing/have experienced hairloss before.

good luck man

DeezNuts

Reaction score
Diffuse loss

I have similar thinning for the past 8 years. Now it is getting pretty bad, as my last haircut I can see through to the scalp throughout my head. Propecia/minoxidil has never helped(on and off for past 7 years), I believe they exacerbated the loss, as well as Avodart(been on for around 6 months now but quitting due to tremendous shed lately).

Will post pictures, but I also have recession, which means that it is male pattern baldness, but diffuse loss seems to be a completely different mechanism than classic male pattern baldness and we should find out how to halt the progression, as there is little hope with hair transplant(no side/back donor hair)with this type of loss. It is scary how you can hide diffuse loss for a while, but when it gets bad, it's pretty bad.

Anyone with real diffuse loss(back and sides as well) getting good results with any treatments?

G

Well hang on a minute.... I don't think you have male pattern baldness. Your hair is cut quite short. Your hairline is intact. I just think you have thin hair. No one is going to look at you and think you are going bald. Chill man and enjoy the summer....

My hair is also thin on the sides. So what.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair looks thick and good hairline, i think with good cut and propecia do well.