One of the guys here attached this study to one of his posts.....scary as hell

Attachments

• PIIS0190962287701790.pdf
    914.6 KB · Views: 459

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if minoxidil work.....let's say giving you slight regrowth for another 2 years (effective for 24 months) and then gradually stops being effective you going to end up below your baseline....thanks but not worth a hassle for me. Used for 6 weeks only anyways... But thanks for confirming this.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need an anti androgen to keep the gains from minoxidil. Ru, finasteride, ect.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking at photos from attached study even with minoxidil all of 3 guys hair look worse then before they started medicine. In months 3,10 and 18 months while still on drug hair continue to worsen (this is shocking). Will that not prove that more blood means more DHT and this means more damage. This study photos prove that there is no gains while on minoxidil and the whole experiment only worsen the whole situation.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looking at photos from attached study even with minoxidil all of 3 guys hair look worse then before they started medicine. In months 3,10 and 18 months while still on drug hair continue to worsen (this is shocking). Will that not prove that more blood means more DHT and this means more damage. This study photos prove that there is no gains while on minoxidil and the whole experiment only worsen the whole situation.

Of course, minoxidil does not just worsen peoples hair. No one would buy it, no one would continue buying it. It helps a lot of people grow hair.

Established Member
Reaction score
If they are not on finasteride, this is a pointless study. minoxidil will stimulate follicles to produce more hair but if they are still being attacked by DHT you are just prolonging the inevitable.

I'd like to see a long term study where people start finasteride, get to a stable situation where they are post shed/regrowth and then start minoxidil. How much can be grown on top of finasteride and how long does it last if you keep using both?

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you on minoxidil only? Foam or liquid...how long and what results mate?
Minoxidil kirkland liquid...1ml 1x/day all over the top for like 5 months....nice regrowth in the hairline and keeps what I have on top of head

Reaction score
Study discusses the effects of discontinuation of treatment..
So, yeah, when you discontinue, all your minoxidil hair will fall off, and you end below base-line.
The longer you have used it, the more severe the aftermath will be..

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But why below baseline...this is what I don't understand guys...you put rogaine you get extra hair if you lucky enough. So if you stop you should lose only what gained on rogaine...you should be back to where you started your treatment..so wtf below baseline..in this study is a pic of a guy 3 month after his hair look sh*t. So it's not minoxidil hair you lose but also healthy pre minoxidil hair. Can someone confirm this finally.

Feanor

My Regimen
Reaction score
But why below baseline...this is what I don't understand guys...you put rogaine you get extra hair if you lucky enough. So if you stop you should lose only what gained on rogaine...you should be back to where you started your treatment..so wtf below baseline..in this study is a pic of a guy 3 month after his hair look sh*t. So it's not minoxidil hair you lose but also healthy pre minoxidil hair. Can someone confirm this finally.
Minoxidil is not an antiandrogen, which means that DHT will keep attacking your follicles while you're on it. Upon discontinuing your treatment, your hair will be in the state it would have been had you never taken minoxidil ===> Below baseline since male pattern baldness keeps progressing.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding is progressive and doesn't just stop for most people. You lose hair as time goes by. If it weren't for minoxidil, you would still be below baseline anyway. Minoxidil doesn't stop balding, it only promotes already damaged hair follicles to grow longer and thicker hair. Without finasteride, minoxidil is pointless in the long term.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
HEY GUYS I'M DRUNK!!!!

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming this. Just wondering if for a guy that is approaching his 40s minoxidil is a good solution. Just want keep what I have (for another few years) or even regrow some. I am badly thinning at the back of my head for last 7-8 years. I am 7 week in (Regaine) and no major shed that I could notice. Thanks in advance.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming this. Just wondering if for a guy that is approaching his 40s minoxidil is a good solution. Just want keep what I have (for another few years) or even regrow some. I am badly thinning at the back of my head for last 7-8 years. I am 7 week in (Regaine) and no major shed that I could notice. Thanks in advance.
Minoxidil works wonders for some and does literally nothing for others. Give it a shot and see how you respond. Won't make things worse, but your hair loss may continue at the same rate while the minoxidil does nothing. Any gains you have on minoxidil will be lost if you quit.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the thing which is scary is that minoxidl users fell below " placebo users" when they discontinue treatment .
like a small telogen effluvium.
Sure it is normal to lose your minoxidl gains, but it seems to also impact the healthy hair in a certain way.