this is my story please help friends

nir5280

Reaction score
i am 20 years old... i experience hairloss for 3years.. at the first time i went to a doctor.. he gave me multivitamin,e cap and ketnokenazol... but there was no improve... i waited for a long time and tried a lot product but there was no positive result then after long time 7month ago i started minoxidil 5% 2time daily and multivitamine at the first time of starting treatment there was a serious shed... and now till it fall about 50-60 hair at shower i see... but after -month i have seen a bit improvement my hair is more black now and thick and growing baby hair i can see at my hairline...but there is a lot of facial hair..and hair in my hand and body is growing horribly.. now i am thinking about to take finasteride 1mg daily with minoxidil.. but confuse if it will happen a shed again... and if i loss improvement of my minoxidil..... please help me

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice to know minoxidil is working for you!

For the hair shedding, its all up to growth cycles and DHT (dht being what miniaturizes the hair).

There is a possibility you will shed more, but I think mainly thinner hairs that have shorter cycles
Shed the most so those newer black hairs, most likely will stick around.

nir5280

Reaction score
Nice to know minoxidil is working for you!

For the hair shedding, its all up to growth cycles and DHT (dht being what miniaturizes the hair).

There is a possibility you will shed more, but I think mainly thinner hairs that have shorter cycles
Shed the most so those newer black hairs, most likely will stick around.

brother thank you.... there is a lot of new born hair on my hairline... will those shed ?? and what do u think i should start finasteride?

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
They might but I really can't say for sure, when you are on finasteride shedding tends to be a positive
sign for most people, because a new hair cycle with stronger/denser hair will grow in its place. Its all
relative to what stage you are currently at, but think of it this way if you start treatment now, you can most
likely retain what you have but regrowth coukd be expected as well in areas that lack hair if enough dht is
inhibited and you have other things like minoxidil to stimulate growth.

nir5280

Reaction score
They might but I really can't say for sure, when you are on finasteride shedding tends to be a positive
sign for most people, because a new hair cycle with stronger/denser hair will grow in its place. Its all
relative to what stage you are currently at, but think of it this way if you start treatment now, you can most
likely retain what you have but regrowth coukd be expected as well in areas that lack hair if enough dht is
inhibited and you have other things like minoxidil to stimulate growth.

thank u :) i am starting from now 1mg and minoxidil 1time/day