This is my story - 1 yr and 5 months on finasterida and minoxidil 5% adding duta 0.5mg

loco88

Reaction score
Hello, Im from argentina im 27 yrs old and I want to share my story and my current change of regime.

I started noticing my hair loss at the age of 25 thats when I decided to take action and start with minoxidil 5% and finasteride every day

I have some pictures for you to show from where I started and my current situation!
che 4.jpgCHE 2.jpgCHE 5.jpgCHE 1.jpgCHE 3.jpg

So you have to view it from left to right! (Left is when I started treatment i dont really take in account the last picture (Far right) due to the diferent time and lighting condition.

So the second pictures is 6 months after I started treatment, i have to say i left the shampoo containing 2% keto ( I dunno why I just though it was bull but after reading about it i realize it wasn't )

This are pictures I took my self today under really bad condition just afetr the shower having blow dry my hair and with the bathroom light that makes us all shake!

Right temple.jpgFrontal.jpg

It wont let me upload more pictures in this post ill try in another!

But to let you know I think im seeing my frontal line and temples recedeing and loosing density witch worries me quite a bit !

Also i think i noticed alil bit of thining on my crown area

Therefore i Decided to take action again and got on Dustateride once a week

So my new regime is going to be like this

finasteride 1mg(Propecia) - M,T,T,F,S,S,
dutasteride (Avodart) .5mg - W
minoxidil 5% - once a day (night time before i go to sleep)
Keto 2% - Tuesdays & fridays
Valcatil Max every day (multivitamin the best in the argentinian market)

What do you guys think ? Can I expect to cover the lost ground on my crown and temples?

At the moment I used al il bit of Toppick on the crown area (all my freinds and family tell me im beeing a lil bit paranoid that you cant even tell im balding) but hey I want to fight this with all the weapons i can!

Thank you and any help, tips or own expericnes would be much aprecciated!

Attachments

• Middle front.jpg
    Middle front.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 488

archdemon123

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely a stronger crown improvement. Your hairline mantained as well but didn't improve. However, this isn't really bad because finasteride mantains at the most. Improvements on temples and etc... are rare and if they do happen take a long time to be seen. Anyways hair looking good, gratz and like the way you style it.

loco88

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Here are some more pics of my crown!

Photos were taken today under the same conditions etc...!

Crown 2.jpg

I think the left side of my crown has thin a lil bit while the other part that has always kind of been like this has stayed the same...is this possible ?

Maybe its just me that im a bit paranoid...Do you guys think that by adding dutasteride 0.5mg i can improve my crown and frontal?

The other day i went to a hair transplant doctor and he literally told me to get Crown.jpgf****ed....so for now my only option is 2 up my game and include dutas anyways i would like to hear your opinion!

Thank you very much

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
My opinion would be to not get on dutasteride. Your hair looks awesome and finasteride seems to have done a great job maintaining. Your temples aren't even that bad at all. I would stay on finasteride, don't be greedy.

Cheers and congrats

loco88

Reaction score
Thanks you!

Im almost finishing my first week since i took dutasteride and i have been going throught testicle pain ( my left one to be exact)....

Has anybody gone threw this? Does it go away ....should I ride it out or just quit dutasteride....

kir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Absolutely no sides when I started finasteride.
When I started dutasteride, I couldn't get a full erection and testicle pain for a few days but the very next week I was back to normal.

loco88

Reaction score
My erections are fine, libido is normal asif I was on finasteride but yeh a lil bit of a ball ache...I think its getting better at least so far this morning its better!

Now i think im going threw a shed i counted 70 hairs in the showers...this has never happened it could be due to that autum is coming up or could it be the dutasteride shed? So early im only a week in taking one pill every weekk....

- - - Updated - - -

Im fine with the whole erection thing and libido is the same as if iw as using finasteride the only things is this lil ball ache im having....should go away.... tomorrow i take my second Avodart .5mg pill!

Also could it be that im starting to shed? Today i counted 70 hairs in the shower! This has never ever happened!

Could it be due to a shed or because of autumn is coming soon?

kir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started Avodart about three weeks ago; .5mg twice weekly. I've been experiencing some shedding for the past few days. As far as I know, shedding is a good sign. My shed could also be due to the finasteride as I started that two months ago OR it could be both.

loco88

Reaction score
Why dont you give Propecia a chance? Why jump on Avodart so early on the game? Whats your current hair situation...

Mines is not that bad but i think im no seeing that much progress on finasteride thats why im adding Avodart to my regime!

loco88

Reaction score
Just a quick update!

Its been a month since i started my new regime!

And i think im going threw a shed witch i find odd because i dont think i had a shed on finasteride and minoxidil.... I only see a lot of hair when i shower...im counting about 20-30 hairs....

I just wanted to know if anybody doing this regime encounter a shed one month into it.... and how long can this last....

Please share your experience it would be much apreciated !

PS: Havent notice any change on my hair yet i!

loco88

Reaction score
So for the past two weeks my ball ache stoped and my libido seems normal as if i was on finasteride!

Just letting ppl know!

Soon i will take pictures to show my one month update!

feel free to add or give your experience!

loco88

Reaction score
Hey guys! Im almost on my 4th month on dutasteride ! This week i will get a hair cut and take pictures...no point tacking pictures with longer hair

Upadate:

Shedding is almost completely gone i mean usually i c aout 3-8 hairs on my hand while showring and during the day almost none (keep in mind im constantly touching my hair like all the time)

When my obsession kicks in I run a cone downwards threw my head and i c about 5-10 hairs tops!

I think my left temple might be starting to show some improvement not new hairs but those lil thin hairs i think they r getting darker and longer will see how they end up!

Also next week i have a meeting with the doctor of Alvi armani in argentina and my idea is to get a minor transplant on my left temple and maybe fill out whats gone on my crown witch is not much!

I need your advise!

Thank you !

kir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks so much for doing this. You are one of the few guys to give updates when taking finasteride and dutasteride together.

kir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any Updates bro?

I've since switched to dutasteride. I figured it doesn't make sense taking them both. The reason being, the dutasteride has a long half life so when you take the finasteride, the dutasteride will still be attached to the enzymes, therefore, wasting the finasteride. but that's just what I think. Additionally, the one dutasteride pill a week study is very limited.