This Is It....nothing Worked....gave Up.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will not say much but this is it for me, 10 years of fighting with my hair loss and I think it all came to an end... it is depressing and sad but I just really got tired now. But before what I tried in past 10 years (I am 39) and what results I got. However this is only my experience and everybody is different.....:) just to add I am balding at the back of my head and with black hair it looks really awful:) and get comments about it almost every day now.

2008-2010 begin of hair loss (whorle area) Rogaine foam 2 x day. No big results after 2 years, hair thinner then at the point when started minoxidil back in 2008.

2010-2012 Zinc Pythrione Shampoo plus Nizoral combined 1 to 2 times per week. Added onion juice for exact 6 months 3 times per week (no regrowth). Hair keep thinining no visible results. Actually started getting small silk patch around 5 p coin in size.

2012-2013 Still on Nizoral, added Finasteride. Took it religiously for 1 year. On 3rd month started shedding a bit but nothing major. One year gone. Got comment from my barber that my hair look worse than ever before. Now had 1 pound coin size silk patch with very thin hair around. Stopped Finasteride exactly after one year of using it.

2013-2013 started back again on minoxidil. 4 months around no regrowth no results..not even a single hair. Still on Nizoral 1x per week.

2013- 2015 Still on Nizoral. No other stuff used apart from exact 7 months of deep scalp massage of affected area. Effects? None..still no hair regrowth.

2015-2017 Still on Nizoral but only 1 to 2 times per month. Added Salicylic Acid shampoo and jumped back on onion juice for few months. No results. Started using Caboki as my hair started to look very bad... Started to get more and more comments about my patch....and this is it... I am now exhausted, feel crap and have now amazing thick hairline and big bald patch at the back of my head that I am unable to cover up anymore. Can't buzz it as it does not suit me (barbers advise). I am now tall slim good looking guy with a silk bald patch at the back of his head. Tried all nothing worked..gave up. Thanks but wish all good luck. Ps. English is my second language...sorry for all grama mistakes:)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try Dutasteride and minoxidil. Two years, no breaks.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this man, but at least you can't say you didn't try! Look, if your hairline is still in tact why not opt for a transplant just for the crown? I'd imagine you have enough grafts for the crown now and then move to the front when need be.

You should also be grateful for being tall, as it is harder for short people to see your crown. I know it sucks and honestly I'm 9 months into finasteride and still don't know how effective it is, sometimes my hair looks good and sometimes I think it's worse. If you really Wanna give it another shot, get on dutasteride for two years, or try finasteride again for a whole 2 years. These drugs take 2 years to peak effectiveness and 1 year is really only giving it half the time, so you've never even seen the drugs full potential. Good luck in whatever you choose to do man! And I mean, you're 39, you've made it this far man, as superficial as it sounds, you won't be the minority of balding men st your age, me on the other hand, I'm 24 and almost st nw3 with diffuse thinning throughout the whole scalp.

C150traffic

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear you man I shaved my head today. After finasteride started giving me ED I quit and two months later the time to shave it came. I'm functioning normal though.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gents...thanks for all your comments. G.i Joey...thanks bro... Best thing is that my wife says that I am not only one out there who has as she says "a bit of thin hair":). She seems to not be bothered about it at all... anyway appreciate all your comments guys. Thank you and I hope you get very good results with you regimens.:)

Mathe

Reaction score
A tale of sorrow right enough : (

Only thing I would say is that after a year giving up finasteride is a bit early IMO anything to do with hairloss and halting it takes time and I'm not talking about months.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as you have frontal hairzone at 39 f*** the bald spot.

I'd gladly trade places

ditto

but at 39 i would get a hair transplant anyway so its not completely bald at the back. i mean why not?

and at 39 it doesnt need to be thick and perfect. with a good hairline, all he is needs is some coverage at the back and hes set.

combine that with his already decent overall aesthetics and hes ahead of nearly everyone in his age group