This Is Extremely Bad I Need To Vent

Buzz Baldrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, there are other jobs than finance you know?
But since your statement is false from the start I wouldn't worry about it too much. Bald men are sneaky dudes. In a worse case scenario it can work out to your advantage (if you are right), because then everybody knows you will be working twice as hard :)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, there are other jobs than finance you know?
But since your statement is false from the start I wouldn't worry about it too much. Bald men are sneaky dudes. In a worse case scenario it can work out to your advantage (if you are right), because then everybody knows you will be working twice as hard :)
Honestly I think I’m going to get a hair system before I become bald. I’ve already come to the conclusion that I’m not gonna get married or find someone so I don’t care. If the system allows me to be in public then I’ll feel better about myself. I’m already reclusing hard with the way my hair looks now (worse in person)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess you could say that. At least in the crown area more or less. The front was still taking damage over the years though.
Glad to hear you’ve maintained.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Breaking into the finance world in nyc is extremely difficult. 1000s of applicants try. I’m an average looking guy with hair and my head is flat in the back. I’m totally fucked if I try to go into a job interview at 24 with my pasty bald head.

Pasty bald head? Most people wouldn't even recognise you as having hair loss, and no that's not aggressive hairloss in the slightest. You've barely even touched frontline treatment and you're already talking about hair systems?

No disrespect but I don't feel your issues are related to your hair. I sincerely hope you get the psychological support you need.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pasty bald head? Most people wouldn't even recognise you as having hair loss, and no that's not aggressive hairloss in the slightest. You've barely even touched frontline treatment and you're already talking about hair systems?

No disrespect but I don't feel your issues are related to your hair. I sincerely hope you get the psychological support you need.
Well that pasty bald head was in reference to the near future. I can feel that my whole scalp has very little density compared to the back so it’s not looking good for me.

And you’re right I’ve already established that I’m in a deep depression and I’ve always lived with anxiety. I know it’s skewing my thought process, but I can’t help it

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Well that pasty bald head was in reference to the near future. I can feel that my whole scalp has very little density compared to the back so it’s not looking good for me.

And you’re right I’ve already established that I’m in a deep depression and I’ve always lived with anxiety. I know it’s skewing my thought process, but I can’t help it

I think you probably do have some minor hair loss but the crown is the best place to have it. Crown tends to respond well to minoxidil and finasteride but you need to keep diligent with them. You need to give it at least 6 months and then evaluate.

With treatment there's a very good chance of you seeing some thickening and maintaining a great head of hair for a long long time.

From a hair point of view you're in a very good place. It could be a lot lot worse

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you probably do have some minor hair loss but the crown is the best place to have it. Crown tends to respond well to minoxidil and finasteride but you need to keep diligent with them. You need to give it at least 6 months and then evaluate.

With treatment there's a very good chance of you seeing some thickening and maintaining a great head of hair for a long long time.

From a hair point of view you're in a very good place. It could be a lot lot worse
You guys aren’t seeing the extent of my thinning though. My whole scalp is VERY thin compared to the back and sides. And I know I’ve lost most of this density during treatment

Attachments

• 47753B9D-E50C-412B-A565-892CB262315F.jpeg
    47753B9D-E50C-412B-A565-892CB262315F.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 187
  • B31DF48C-498F-4BC7-ACEA-10A27E0805C7.jpeg
    B31DF48C-498F-4BC7-ACEA-10A27E0805C7.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 4A722D5F-ED0A-4D8B-BFD8-C73D02DBCBA2.jpeg
    4A722D5F-ED0A-4D8B-BFD8-C73D02DBCBA2.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 175

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys aren’t seeing the extent of my thinning though. My whole scalp is VERY thin compared to the back and sides. And I know I’ve lost most of this density during treatment
well it is diffuse thinning , it might be male pattern baldness diffuse thinning , Telogen Effluvium , or even some illness or deficiency making things worse . You really should ask an expert to tell you what bloodwork you should do and have him examine your scalp , so you should know what treatment to follow . Anyway shedding when starting finasteride is quite common

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
well it is diffuse thinning , it might be male pattern baldness diffuse thinning , Telogen Effluvium , or even some illness or deficiency making things worse . You really should ask an expert to tell you what bloodwork you should do and have him examine your scalp , so you should know what treatment to follow . Anyway shedding when starting finasteride is quite common
I got blood work done and I only had a slight b12 and d deficiency. Nothing major. If it is Telogen Effluvium then it’s because of stress but I’m more stressed now than ever so I don’t know what to do. I’m certain I’m not regaining any of that hair back

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My issue with Rogaine is the shedding. Also because of my hair being diffused how would I apply it considering I have long hair?

With Telogen Effluvium + male pattern baldness (have noticed my hair line receding but never paid attention). Is it even possible to regain any of the lost hairs?

I’m diffusing and put that sh*t on the whole top of my head. It’s not that bad just part your hair

Your body will get used to the hormone change and the telogen effluvium will stop. You’ll come on here and post how happy you are about your hair

Bf20

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Depression sucks try do some sports/exercise it easily helps cut your depression in HALF.
GOOD LUCK.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got blood work done and I only had a slight b12 and d deficiency. Nothing major. If it is Telogen Effluvium then it’s because of stress but I’m more stressed now than ever so I don’t know what to do. I’m certain I’m not regaining any of that hair back
why not ? you are planning to be stressed for your entire life ?! I guess it is doable but whats the point ? forget about your hair and NYC finance and go become a farmer somewhere in africa you will live your 80 years happier

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m diffusing and put that sh*t on the whole top of my head. It’s not that bad just part your hair

Your body will get used to the hormone change and the telogen effluvium will stop. You’ll come on here and post how happy you are about your hair
I wish this was true man. I’m incredibly unhappy with the way my hair is now and can barely go out like this. When it gets worse I won’t be able to do it.

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
91% of white males on rogaine and propecia did not lose any hair after one year I’d recall. Add rogaine and do it for one year. If you are one of the unlucky 9% then add duta. Still losing add ru and possibly seti. If still thinning then you have topical Daro. You have plenty hair and plenty of options left man. Stay positive.

I was in your shoes just a few months ago and now I’ve got my head straight and am calmly pursuing treatment

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
why not ? you are planning to be stressed for your entire life ?! I guess it is doable but whats the point ? forget about your hair and NYC finance and go become a farmer somewhere in africa you will live your 80 years happier
I’ve been thinking about moving out of the country.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
91% of white males on rogaine and propecia did not lose any hair after one year I’d recall. Add rogaine and do it for one year. If you are one of the unlucky 9% then add duta. Still losing add ru and possibly seti. If still thinning then you have topical Daro. You have plenty hair and plenty of options left man. Stay positive.

I was in your shoes just a few months ago and now I’ve got my head straight and am calmly pursuing treatment
I wasn’t like this when I started treatment though. Seeing how badly my hair’s gotten since I’ve first noticed is what is driving me crazy. I thought I’d have years. I feel like I need to make drastic changes to my regimen now. But I’m terrified of the Rogaine shed considering I’m already losing hundreds of hairs a day

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about moving out of the country.
well its not about the country dude , its about doing what you actually enjoy . If you are depressed and anxious you have to change the things you dont like , maybe you dont like the place where you live , maybe you dont like your job or future job , but anyway balding for sure is not that bad , there is medication and even if you go nw6 , yea it sucks but its not the end of the world. you should start by getting your sh*t straight first !

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
well its not about the country dude , its about doing what you actually enjoy . If you are depressed and anxious you have to change the things you dont like , maybe you dont like the place where you live , maybe you dont like your job or future job , but anyway balding for sure is not that bad , there is medication and even if you go nw6 , yea it sucks but its not the end of the world. you should start by getting your sh*t straight first !
I appreciate your kind words. But I cant see myself doing anything other than recluding from this point on. I’m too embarrassed to walk around with the amount of scalp I have showing now, when it’s worse I’m gonna get worse.

I’m going to seek a psychiatrist and therapy and really try to get my head right. But while I watch my hair decline it’ll always bring me back to this place. I wish I was stronger when it comes to this but I’m just not.