This has worked for me! Try it for 7 days and send me your results

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully I have got your attention.

I want to get a better idea whether a topical treatment that has worked for me will work for others.

Its cheap, easy to get and you should know within 7 days whether it is working.

How do I define “working”?

For such a short study, all I am looking for is “cessation of shed”.

I know my heading is dramatic and sounds spammy, but I am not selling anything.

Just read on a little bit more and you can make up your own mind.

Who I am seeking?

(1) I am seeking either males or females who are suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia (male or female), and/or Diffuse Alopecia or Retrograde Alopecia (male or female);

And:

Who is currently experiencing a massive shed, either on the frontal/temple area or in the occipital area (side and back hair).

(2) You do not have to cease any current treatment or supplements you are on to participate on this study, and you can even be on no current treatments.

(3) If you are interested in participating, please message me with the following details.

-Your gender
-Your age
-The type of Alopecia you believe your are suffering from
-The region on the scalp you will be testing. Please only choose frontal/temple or occipital. Please don’t choose both because the hair loss count may get compromised by one region not responding.

(4) What I will ask each of you who are interested in participating in this study is to perform a comb-through test (5 comb- throughs one after the other per daily test) on the region of your scalp you are testing, and log the number of hairs in your comb after the 5th, per day, and continue for 7 days during treatment.

The treatment I will ask you to use is Topical Melatonin.

(5) Why topical Melatonin?
(a) Firstly, because after losing over 50 hairs per day from my progressive balding for years, since I started using topical Minoxidil I am lucky to lose one hair per day.

(b) If you do a Google search for “topical melatonin” + “androgenetic alopecia” + “pubmed”, you will find a number of very important studies that have found that topical Melatonin reprograms hairs on on Androgenetic Alopecia scalp back into the Anagen phase.

(c) If you do a similar search but search against “Female Androgenetic Alopecia”, or “Diffuse Alopecia”, you will find many other studies that determined that topical Alopecia has the same effect on women, both on the frontal/temporal region and on the occipital region.

(d) If you do another search on “topical melatonin” + hair or fur regrowth + animals + pubmed, you will find even more studies on animals in veterinarian and/or commercial/farm settings, that have again shown a similar response, the cessation of hair loss.

I can’t say at this stage whether Melatonin will work for users of this forum, nor can I say that it would regrow hair, but if we find find other users who experience a very sudden cessation of hair loss, that would be a significant step forward.

Now, I am Australian and I have been using the following Melatonin product. It is an off-the-shelp product designed to be sprayed under the tongue. But I spray it on my scalp. Its Melatonin content is described as 6X. I am not sure what this means, but it worked for me.

If you want to take part and prefer to use another product, feel free. Just let me know what brand you use.

I use Bioglan Sleep spray.

I get it from a local chemist.

Search on it or use the following link.

And let me know that you want to be part of this trial.

Disclosure: I have no connection to this product, the manufacturer and I am not generating any income or any other benefit from below link. And again, feel free to use whatever brand you wish.

Hope to hear from you

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Dose it have to be Bioglan ? Their are many kinds of liquid melatonin on ebay that can be ordered with in the United states an cheaper .

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMHO, melatonin should be applied at night only as you can see the daytime levels are low in the chart on the link below.

Effects of exogenous melatonin on nucleus suprachiasmatic neuronal activity (SCN).

The effects of melatonin on SCN activity are mediated by at least two different receptors. They are insensitive during the day, but sensitive at dusk and dawn. MT2 causes phase shifts and during early night period MT1 decrease neuronal firing rate and amplitude. (Modified from [89]).

Last edited:

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apply one time per day at night:

You can make a cream up yourself with like Dermovan compounding cream and melatonin powder.

What dose is best?

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully I have got your attention.

I want to get a better idea whether a topical treatment that has worked for me will work for others.

Its cheap, easy to get and you should know within 7 days whether it is working.

How do I define “working”?

For such a short study, all I am looking for is “cessation of shed”.

I know my heading is dramatic and sounds spammy, but I am not selling anything.

Just read on a little bit more and you can make up your own mind.

Who I am seeking?

(1) I am seeking either males or females who are suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia (male or female), and/or Diffuse Alopecia or Retrograde Alopecia (male or female);

And:

Who is currently experiencing a massive shed, either on the frontal/temple area or in the occipital area (side and back hair).

(2) You do not have to cease any current treatment or supplements you are on to participate on this study, and you can even be on no current treatments.

(3) If you are interested in participating, please message me with the following details.

-Your gender
-Your age
-The type of Alopecia you believe your are suffering from
-The region on the scalp you will be testing. Please only choose frontal/temple or occipital. Please don’t choose both because the hair loss count may get compromised by one region not responding.

(4) What I will ask each of you who are interested in participating in this study is to perform a comb-through test (5 comb- throughs one after the other per daily test) on the region of your scalp you are testing, and log the number of hairs in your comb after the 5th, per day, and continue for 7 days during treatment.

The treatment I will ask you to use is Topical Melatonin.

(5) Why topical Melatonin?
(a) Firstly, because after losing over 50 hairs per day from my progressive balding for years, since I started using topical Minoxidil I am lucky to lose one hair per day.

(b) If you do a Google search for “topical melatonin” + “androgenetic alopecia” + “pubmed”, you will find a number of very important studies that have found that topical Melatonin reprograms hairs on on Androgenetic Alopecia scalp back into the Anagen phase.

(c) If you do a similar search but search against “Female Androgenetic Alopecia”, or “Diffuse Alopecia”, you will find many other studies that determined that topical Alopecia has the same effect on women, both on the frontal/temporal region and on the occipital region.

(d) If you do another search on “topical melatonin” + hair or fur regrowth + animals + pubmed, you will find even more studies on animals in veterinarian and/or commercial/farm settings, that have again shown a similar response, the cessation of hair loss.

I can’t say at this stage whether Melatonin will work for users of this forum, nor can I say that it would regrow hair, but if we find find other users who experience a very sudden cessation of hair loss, that would be a significant step forward.

Now, I am Australian and I have been using the following Melatonin product. It is an off-the-shelp product designed to be sprayed under the tongue. But I spray it on my scalp. Its Melatonin content is described as 6X. I am not sure what this means, but it worked for me.

If you want to take part and prefer to use another product, feel free. Just let me know what brand you use.

I use Bioglan Sleep spray.

I get it from a local chemist.

Search on it or use the following link.

And let me know that you want to be part of this trial.

Disclosure: I have no connection to this product, the manufacturer and I am not generating any income or any other benefit from below link. And again, feel free to use whatever brand you wish.

Hope to hear from you

What about melatonin supplements

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dose it have to be Bioglan ? Their are many kinds of liquid melatonin on ebay that can be ordered with in the United states an cheaper .

No, it doesn’t need to be Bioglan.

But given my results, it would be preferred

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i use topical melatonin from germany (those expensive boxes) and haven't noticed anything after 3 weeks.

Please give me more details.

What brand
What dose
How often per day
For how long have you been doing it
How are you measuring success
How old are you
What stage hairloss do you have
Do you have Androgenetic Alopecia or diffuse
Are you shedding

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well these are the ingredients:

Homeopathic Preparation Contains: Melatonin 6X (1.0microgram/mL), Nux Vomica 30X (0.01microgram/mL), Coffea Cruda 6X (1.0microgram/ mL), Arsenicum Album 30X (0.01microgram/mL)
So its got other stuff in there besides melatonin. But of course its homeopathic so theres basically nothing in it. However, there are a couple of studies showing some efficacy of melatonin at 0.0033%. If my maths is right this bioglan stuff is 0.001%

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well these are the ingredients:

So its got other stuff in there besides melatonin. But of course its homeopathic so theres basically nothing in it. However, there are a couple of studies showing some efficacy of melatonin at 0.0033%. If my maths is right this bioglan stuff is 0.001%

Thanks for the math.

TBH I did not even notice the ref to 0.001%. I was stumped at Melatonin 6X.

But its good to know that its in therapeutic range.

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are 5 interesting Melatonin studies from PubMed.

Five clinical studies showed positive effects of a topical melatonin solution in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia in men and women while showing good tolerability: (1) Pharmacodynamics under once-daily topical application in the evening showed no significant influence on endogenous serum melatonin levels. (2) An observational study involving 30 men and women showed a significant reduction in the degree of severity of alopecia after 30 and 90 days (P < 0.001) based on questionnaires completed by investigators and patients. (3) Using a digital software-supported epiluminescence technique (TrichoScan) in 35 men with Androgenetic Alopecia, after 3 and 6 months in 54.8% to 58.1% of the patients a significant increase of hair density of 29% and 41%, respectively was measured (M0: 123/cm2; M3: 159/cm2; M6: 173/cm2;) (P < 0,001). (4) In 60 men and women with hair loss, a significant reduction in hair loss was observed in women, while hair loss in men remained constant (P < 0.001). (5) In a large, 3-month, multi-center study with more than 1800 volunteers at 200 centers, the percentage of patients with a 2- to 3-fold positive hair-pull test decreased from 61.6% to 7.8%, while the percentage of patients with a negative hair-pull test increased from 12.2.% to 61.5% (P < 0.001). In addition, a decrease in seborrhea and seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp was observed.