This Guy's Story - (19)

kabooski

Reaction score
Looking good man. It shows some improvement and not worse. Which is a good thing!

Instead of back or split in two style

Have your tried a forward hair style?

thisguy13

Reaction score
I always have my hair styled forward.
I just comb it back when its wet to take a look at the scalp and see how ive progressed if that makes any sense.

thisguy13

Reaction score
Would anyone be able to explain why i have aggressive inflammaiton at the back of my head???

Also im thinking of adding RU and eventually eliminating daily finasteride and third day dutasteride, i really want to be able to halt my hairloss.

At this age (20) is that too much to ask for??

jl8490

Reaction score
You're looking really good. I don't think any normal person that's not male pattern baldness obsessed (like us) would even know or classify you as losing hair. Heck, some of my friends still say I'm not losing hair which I know is just being nice.

In terms of changing your regimen, I tend to be of the opinion that if something's working you shouldn't change it unless you're getting sides or it stops being effective over a long period of time. Yeah, I know sheds suck but if it comes back better and healthier you're good. Have read a lot of stories from guys who hop from medication to medication looking for some extra regrowth that end up not doing as well as the people who just stick to the big two (finasteride + minoxidil) and can hold onto their hair for 10 years.

Just my opinion.

thisguy13

Reaction score
Ok, so a month and abit have passed. Things seem to be better i think. Hairs shed less, and alot of small hair are sprouting at the hairline.

One question, my temples seem to still be receeding. What can i do better to provide the possibility of regrowth?? Would 10% or 15% minoxidil help??? or perhaps a topical DHT inhibitor???

Any advice??
Cheers

Attachments

• IMAG0231.jpg
    IMAG0231.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMAG0234.jpg
    IMAG0234.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMAG0236.jpg
    IMAG0236.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMAG0238.jpg
    IMAG0238.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMAG0241.jpg
    IMAG0241.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0242.jpg
    IMAG0242.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMAG0243.jpg
    IMAG0243.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 154

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair looks thick as hell, move on with your life :) Seeing your scalp when the hair is wet and parted is normal.

thisguy13

Reaction score
Update

Attachments

• IMAG0293.jpg
    IMAG0293.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 145
  • IMAG0294.jpg
    IMAG0294.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMAG0295.jpg
    IMAG0295.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 166
  • IMAG0296.jpg
    IMAG0296.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMAG0297.jpg
    IMAG0297.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMAG0299.jpg
    IMAG0299.jpg
    848.8 KB · Views: 185

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course you know the best, but I still don't think you're losing your hair. Was your hair thicker a few years ago? I mean, do you have some before-pics?

thisguy13

Reaction score
When i was 17 i shaved my head and the thinning became evident, not only to me but to others as well, it was quite embarrasing. Anyway i've been using minoxidil since and my hair has slowly improved along with the use of finasteride and abit of dutasteride. However, i didnt discover this forum until like 6-8 months later, and never really had the idea of taking pics until i joined this forum. So no im sorry i dont have any pics before using any treatment.

And yes my hair was much much thicker than it was now. But looking at the photo's i can see why ppl are seeing no loss (besides abit on the temples)

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
Although the lighting is different it definitely looks thicker with some re-growth.
Congratulations!

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks like mine while I was on finasteride.

The density has decreased a little over the years, and it doesn't look like it has improved at all. It is strange that some of us react to finasteride like this.