This Guy Used 1mg Of finasteride And 10mg Of finasteride Every Day For 6 Months

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would taking 5mg vs 1mg cause more side effects if it has the exact same effect on 5-ar inhibition?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
i personnaly use 5 mg of fina for 6 month with no better result . just more sides .
but 10 mg finasteride i less dangerous than 0.5 mg duta . it inhbiit less serum dht .
There is no studies backing that up. The amount of dht inhibited wouldn't be the cause of additional side effects if 10mg and 1mg of finasteride inhibit essentially the same amount of DHT, but 10mg caused more sides.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
dralex; so you believe that 0,5 mg dutasteride is less dangerous than 5 mg fina ?
you don't believe thant the amount of Dht nhibition is the cause of the side effect ?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Japan has the prescription of 0.25mg finasteride.

2. Being an Asian doesn't necessarily mean better response. Actually according to my observation it's quite the opposite. I think it's because Asian men in average has lower T level and are more prone to reflex. If you check Chinese forums reflex and loss of effects after just months is very common.

3. I used to hang around that forum OP posted long ago. There was a mod madly promoting high dose finasteride and he himself takes 20mg daily according to him. But if you check his pic you realize he doesn't even have male pattern baldness (only a slightly matured hairline not even NW1.5 with insane density all over) and he sells 5mg finasteride on that forum.

4. That guy OP posted lost his regrowth soon later.

5. There were indeed people claiming better efficacy with higher dosage of finasteride, but they are few. And the return seems marginal.

6. When you're evaluating effects and sides don't forget there's a 5AR type III as well... and yes it's distributed in peripheral tissues including your brain as well. finasteride and dutasteride both inhibits type III.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey WM you seem really knowleadgeable ; so according to you high dose fina are not the solution ?
it is safer to take 0,5 g dutasteride daily than high dose finasteride ?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey WM you seem really knowleadgeable ; so according to you high dose fina are not the solution ?
it is safer to take 0,5 g dutasteride daily than high dose finasteride ?
Honestly considering how people's response can vary so drastically on these meds...who knowso_O

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so you can translate chinese ? does dudes on these forum use dutasteride ? do they get sides with such high dose of fina ?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so you can translate chinese ? does dudes on these forum use dutasteride ? do they get sides with such high dose of fina ?
Yes I can but I doubt there'd be any useful information...That place is a wasteland filled with misinformation and shills.

Some of them do use dutasteride. Some go on spironolactone even. As for sides it varies some people claim they don't feel anything, some said the lowering of libido was much more significant. But imo you can't really take these posts too literal man. People there are poorly informed of the physical and mental sides of finasteride. They don't even know it can give you brain fog, depression, fatigue, etc etc. Most of them just deny it and call you a nocebo fool when you post something like that. So sometimes you're reading posts like "I'm on 5mg finasteride twice daily erection's ok but still losing hair, what do I do, my life is ruined I can't sleep totally depressed can barely pull through the day f*** hair loss";)now ain't that a perfect evaluation of sides

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
dralex; so you believe that 0,5 mg dutasteride is less dangerous than 5 mg fina ?
you don't believe thant the amount of Dht nhibition is the cause of the side effect ?
Studies show that dutasteride has a higher chance of side effects than finasteride. Whether this is due to the additional DHT suppression is unknown. It is a different drug, and is broken down differently in your body.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I can but I doubt there'd be any useful information...That place is a wasteland filled with misinformation and shills.

Some of them do use dutasteride. Some go on spironolactone even. As for sides it varies some people claim they don't feel anything, some said the lowering of libido was much more significant. But imo you can't really take these posts too literal man. People there are poorly informed of the physical and mental sides of finasteride. They don't even know it can give you brain fog, depression, fatigue, etc etc. Most of them just deny it and call you a nocebo fool when you post something like that. So sometimes you're reading posts like "I'm on 5mg finasteride twice daily erection's ok but still losing hair, what do I do, my life is ruined I can't sleep totally depressed can barely pull through the day f*** hair loss";)now ain't that a perfect evaluation of sides

Yeah it's full of pseudo science I stopped looking at that forum after a few posts. I actually feel bad for the girls there tho knowing that they might never be able to treat their hair loss because of the poor health system.

Ricochet Rabbit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used Finasteride 1mg/d for 2 years without side effects, then swtiched to Dutasteride 0.5mg/d no side effects, then switched to Finasteride 5mg/d and developed gyno in 2 weeks.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://tophairlosstreatments.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/finasteride-dose-graph.png
Why would taking 5mg vs 1mg cause more side effects if it has the exact same effect on 5-ar inhibition?

There's this graph which suggests 5mg blocks more scalp dht that 1mg which may be the reasoning behind it
https://tophairlosstreatments.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/finasteride-dose-graph.png

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used Finasteride 1mg/d for 2 years without side effects, then swtiched to Dutasteride 0.5mg/d no side effects, then switched to Finasteride 5mg/d and developed gyno in 2 weeks.
Why would you switch back if dutasteride had no side effects on you though?

K

karankaran

I have been on 1mg finasteride for a year. I have seen some people regrow their whole crown on 0.5mg finasteride and minoxidil in 6 months! and finasteride never had any effect on me...no side effects. no regrowth. Nothing. and yes I take the real deal.

The response varies so much between people. It is crazy.

I just added Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) to further decrease my 5AR. But I remain on finasteride and minoxidil.