This Guy Used 1mg Of finasteride And 10mg Of finasteride Every Day For 6 Months

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Edit: The title may seem confusing as I went back to read the thread again.

Stumbled upon this thread on a Chinese site.
This guy used 1mg of finasteride everyday for the first 3 months. Hair shedding didn't stop then he used 10mg everyday for another 3 months. He claims no side effects

The results seem crazy to me

Maybe not to you guys?

http://bbs.haotoufa.com/thread-125565-1-2.html

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT in the blood and in the skin (in men) has a flat response curve to finasteride after ~0.10 mg/day or so.

The super doses should not help. They might have an impact if the underlying science is totally wrong, and if baldness has nothing to do with DHT levels in the blood and in the skin.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT in the blood and in the skin (in men) has a flat response curve to finasteride after ~0.10 mg/day or so.

The super doses should not help. They might have an impact if the underlying science is totally wrong, and if baldness has nothing to do with DHT levels in the blood and in the skin.

Most of these men on the Chinese site take 5+ mg a day with significant results within 1 year. Very few of them complain there's no result at all. By significant results, I mean it's like they're NW1 again ..
maybe genetics have sth to do with it?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of these men on the Chinese site take 5+ mg a day with significant results within 1 year. Very few of them complain there's no result at all. By significant results, I mean it's like they're NW1 again ..
maybe genetics have sth to do with it?

I'm sure that genetics have a lot to do with it.

I'm also sure that they'd be very good results off 1 mg/day.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, actually..... This is not entirely crazy.

"Another point to consider with regard to the relative efficacy of a specific finasteride dose and resultant concentration in plasma and tissue is that the IC 50 for finasteride in prostate and scalp homogenates was reported to be 5.9 and 310 nM, respectively (98). With this in mind, it was estimated that a concentration of 94 nM finasteride would inhibit prostate homogenate 5á-reductase by 85%, but would inhibit scalp homogenate 5á-reduc-tase by 25% (66). Results from clinical studies that measured DHT reduction in prostatic tissue (92) and scalp skin (28) are consistent with these estimates. By extrapolation, in order to achieve a level of inhibition in scalp that was comparable to that in the prostate, the concentration of finasteride in plasma would have to be 1ìM (66), which would be obtained following a 50 mg dose of finasteride (100)."

SOURCE: http://img2.timg.co.il/forums/1_125030674.pdf

g.i joey

Reaction score
Don't Chinese men get prescribed .25 mg daily, maybe they're just super sensitive to high doses

cedrickiller

Reaction score
Interestingly, this would explain why finasteride has little effect on 1mg on most people
Maybe we should increase the dosage

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The reason why this may work, is that the 5ar produced in the hair follicle does not circulate before the T->DHT conversion. By increasing the concentration of finasteride you are basically saturating the follicle with the inhibitor so 5ar produced there has no chance to reach T before it gets inhibited.

resu

Reaction score
Had to be an asian man and I'm not surprised by those results either, very common in SEA.

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are not that much people with sideeffects because the studies suggest so and people on this board seem to overreact.

"Omfg my dick shrank 1 hour after taking my first pill"
"Omfg brain fog after 2 days"
Is all you can read.

I'm 3 months in on 1.25mg/day because i don't believe in microdosing and have no sides whatsoever.

Edit: I slowly even start to belive, that microdoses are the culprit of sideeffects due to hormon fluctuation

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i personnaly use 5 mg of fina for 6 month with no better result . just more sides .
but 10 mg finasteride i less dangerous than 0.5 mg duta . it inhbiit less serum dht .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so the guy use 1 mg for 3 month and then used 10 mg for additional 3 month ?
he might have the same result with 1 mg . propecia need more than 3 month to work .

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so the guy use 1 mg for 3 month and then used 10 mg for additional 3 month ?
he might have the same result with 1 mg . propecia need more than 3 month to work .

Maybe. But a lot of people there voucher for min 5mg a day and most got prescribed with 5mg a day.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im already on 5mg a day. 10mg seems crazy to me

I honestly have no clue about finasteride.
I use to think it worked like spironolactone but it sounds different.
What are your thoughts on dutasteride?