this damned family

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that sucks... While your Mom is going to say that anyway (and really should as a Mom), I'd be pretty pissed off that she could let your brother step in like that. While they're great principles and ethics, they certainly don't apply in your own personal world. In fact using these principles as "underlying laws" more strikes me as a way to avoid giving you the support and reassurance you are obviously craving, since you find yourself in these situations.

Of course appearance is a factor! It's a factor to everyone and for everyone. Easy to say it's irrelevant, but impossible to actually think and act that way. As far as hairloss goes, your brother should just keep his mouth shut unless he's offering support or reassurance. He'd better hope he doesn't follow suit.

But sadly some people are completely alone in their battle.... the worst thing a person can do is become bitter and isolated from society. That is when you are letting it go way too far. Appearances are not worth that much that you have to become a hermit just to survive.

Apart from being your family and all, who hopefully would be there for you anyway, it's probably just best not to discuss this with them... You'll find yourself getting more and more uptight and possibly even start secluding yourself from them. They obviously just want what is best for you, but have absolutely no idea about hairloss.... Some people can be so narrow-minded when they don't experience it themselves. Of course what they're saying is essentially correct, but on paper and in real life are two totally different things.

Well, good luck with it anyway.... the best thing you can do is work on one style or look, that suits you, and become that image. Maybe buzz it all, grow it long, grow facial hair, whatever..... just find a look you can be happy and confident with and work on the other (more important) things in life.

Ackers24

Reaction score
Personally i don't see any gains in life that you can get from having a full head of hair and being labeled good-looking or whatever apart from the relationship side of things, i mean what things are harder to achieve in life if u aint that good-looking...nothing at all i don't think, the only thing looks give you is attention from females, other guys don't give a sh*t if your ugly or are balding or whatever, promotion in your work place, hell most of the fat cats that sit up in there office all day doing sod all and just ordering people about are usually bald and old anyways, there not gonna give you less of a chance because of your hair....i couldn't really care if i get less attention from women, so what, more important things in life than getting chicks...and the hot chicks aint looking so pretty once they pump out a couple of kids and age catches up with them....best thing to do is the repeat the words

'i don't give a sh*t what people think' you get that drummed in too you and seriously everything will look alot better, its not about becoming bitter, but the world is cold and cruel and you just gotta man up too it....but hope things work out for you mate, go shave your moms head while shes sleeping, then have another chat about hair loss :punk:

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Just want to add something to this topic. My friend who is a norwood 6 gets far more girls than I ever did at norwood 1-2. He's got a dynamic personality, wit and humour to boot. Hes also quite fat, where as I'm pretty fit and far better looking, so go figure. :dunno: Looks aren't everything, this coming from a guy with bdd. ARGGH.