Was going to take finasteride tonight but this message really made me worried

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-29-18-32-16-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-29-18-32-16-1.png
    366.8 KB · Views: 341

Zoobop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Show me research and I will consider. Until then, its just another idiotic comment on Youtube. You can literally Google anything these days and many, many sites, articles, and "doctors" will tell you it will give you cancer, cause hair loss, and of course, death itself.

I have spent a lot of time web surfing on this crap. You eventually hit a point of being able to filter out the garbage based on sheer numbers alone saying otherwise and actually providing medical or scientific proof.

People will find exactly what they want to find on the internet. Just take it all with a grain of salt.

Ray1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Show me research and I will consider. Until then, its just another idiotic comment on Youtube. You can literally Google anything these days and many, many sites, articles, and "doctors" will tell you it will give you cancer, cause hair loss, and of course, death itself.

I have spent a lot of time web surfing on this crap. You eventually hit a point of being able to filter out the garbage based on sheer numbers alone saying otherwise and actually providing medical or scientific proof.

People will find exactly what they want to find on the internet. Just take it all with a grain of salt.
Ok your right I won't listen to them anymore I really want to take finasteride my scalp is so itchy at the moment and some of my hairline hairs are so weak

Ray1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline looks really bad it's getting worse I really need to take finasteride

Attachments

• 15039955398471819751245.jpg
    15039955398471819751245.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 248

Ray1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so depressed about my hairline

Attachments

• 1503995792352-1957739083.jpg
    1503995792352-1957739083.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 251

Zoobop

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not bad at all. Be sure to incorporate Nizoral shampoo (2 to 3 times a week) and minoxidil (massage in every day) into your regimen, starting all three right away and you will be fine as you are starting early enough to catch it. Don't stop if you start shedding, that is a good sign. Stress is the last thing you want to do. Health and diet are important to keep up for the general health and luster of your hair. Once on this regimen, you cannot stop or else you will lose what is being maintained. You can get all three pretty cheap though, so not a big deal.

Also, here is a good medical read on the effects of Finasteride on sperm (basically, yes of course it decreases sperm count, but unless you are an extremely small percentage of people predisposed to have side effects from finasteride, your sperm count bounces right back after stopping use)
https://www.medpagetoday.com/endocrinology/infertility/41424

Ray1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not bad at all. Be sure to incorporate Nizoral shampoo (2 to 3 times a week) and minoxidil (massage in every day) into your regimen, starting all three right away and you will be fine as you are starting early enough to catch it. Don't stop if you start shedding, that is a good sign. Stress is the last thing you want to do. Health and diet are important to keep up for the general health and luster of your hair. Once on this regimen, you cannot stop or else you will lose what is being maintained. You can get all three pretty cheap though, so not a big deal.

Also, here is a good medical read on the effects of Finasteride on sperm (basically, yes of course it decreases sperm count, but unless you are an extremely small percentage of people predisposed to have side effects from finasteride, your sperm count bounces right back after stopping use)
https://www.medpagetoday.com/endocrinology/infertility/41424
Thx for all the information it's very helpful I will use Nizoral shampoo as you said and start using finasteride I won't use minoxidil tho not a big fan of it

Zoobop

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's fine, just know that without minoxidil, unless you are a very good responder to Finasteride (and even then, it will take about 7-9 months) you likely will not grow any new hairs, only maintain and fortify what you have now. Minoxidil is needed for regrowth (usually 3-6 months).

Ray1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx for all the information it's very helpful I will use Nizoral shampoo as you said and start using finasteride I won't use minoxidil tho not a big fan of it

That's fine, just know that without minoxidil, unless you are a very good responder to Finasteride (and even then, it will take about 7-9 months) you likely will not grow any new hairs, only maintain and fortify what you have now. Minoxidil is needed for regrowth (usually 3-6 months).
Ok thats fine Do you take finasteride or you don't bother with it

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take your fina pill. You will maybe respond to it very well who knows ?

If your DHT Isn't too low,no matter what,you won't have side effets.
If it's too low -> Side effects
Just have to find the good balance.

Some people have side effects from it,but almost all long terms users have a side effect from it (gyno or sexual or libido or depression or maybe all of them). Only a few long term users don't have them but only a very few and unlucky people have side effect from the beginin

Don't relay only on Fina,try good minoxidil product,scalp massage,Bimatoprost,Eucapil things like that :)

Ray1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take your fina pill. You will maybe respond to it very well who knows ?

If your DHT Isn't too low,no matter what,you won't have side effets.
If it's too low -> Side effects
Just have to find the good balance.

Some people have side effects from it,but almost all long terms users have a side effect from it (gyno or sexual or libido or depression or maybe all of them). Only a few long term users don't have them but only a very few and unlucky people have side effect from the beginin

Don't relay only on Fina,try good minoxidil product,scalp massage,Bimatoprost,Eucapil things like that :)
Ok thx I hope I respond well to finasteride I have 5mg tablet im going to try and cut it into 5ths

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had sides, struggled with boners after a month on 1mg.

Came off straight away, sides went away slowly. Always a risk pal, but definitely a risk worth taking.

I'd still be tearing my hair out wondering what if? Had I never taken it.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped take finasteride year ago and now still sides BUT I'm improving.....so start finasteride and don't worry but if this starting give you sides just stop

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I watch finasteride videos on Youtube from time to time, and there seem to be the same group of guys commenting anti-finasteride sh*t on every video. If the sides were that common it would have been pulled from the market years ago.

optimisttt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ray you seem like a really nice guy, and i understand that you are worried, but you're killing yourself for at least 5 days as i see you everywhere with the same questions and concern, i already told you, everybody been telling you, TAKE THAT MOFUCKING PILL

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sabotaging hair preservation and peace of mind by obsessing over quote from some random youtube source

yet the clinical data we have shows it to be safe and effective for the majority after 10 years of use

pull yourself together, you're not thinking rationally

Ray1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ray you seem like a really nice guy, and i understand that you are worried, but you're killing yourself for at least 5 days as i see you everywhere with the same questions and concern, i already told you, everybody been telling you, TAKE THAT MOFUCKING PILL
HI you're so right I have been killing myself the past few days I can never make a decision I'm such a wimp I always think I will get the worst sides