Thinning/wipsy/coarse/receding - 7 Months Of Finasteride

zeldazoo22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who can relate? Who can encourage me to stick with it? Who would discourage me?

I'll tell you one thing...I've been battling a receding hairline for 6 years and have never had this rapid of a shed and this change in feeling of my hair. This is 7 months of finasteride... Patting the top of my head feels like 50% of the cushioning is gone. The hairline has gotten way thinner, and more receded. What on the earth do I ****ing do. Thank you...

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you get an itch in the receding areas? and if so did you get it before taking finasteride?

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you have three options:
1. Stop cold turkey and 100% go bald
2. Give propecia a year and have an 83% chance of having atleast lost no more hair
3. Add avodart

I say go with option 2. If that doesn’t work out then move to option 3. Option 1 is a dumb choice

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have lost density on the top of my head 7/8 months into finasteride. Im giving it until february, then adding dutasteride if nothing changes.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who can relate? Who can encourage me to stick with it? Who would discourage me?

I'll tell you one thing...I've been battling a receding hairline for 6 years and have never had this rapid of a shed and this change in feeling of my hair. This is 7 months of finasteride... Patting the top of my head feels like 50% of the cushioning is gone. The hairline has gotten way thinner, and more receded. What on the earth do I ****ing do. Thank you...

You are panicking and therefore are not in a good place to make decisions. You did not lose 50% of the cushioning of your hair suddenly, especially if you have been balding for 6years. Post pictures, before and after if you have them.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is hair loss not a talked about side effect here. Year over year photos of my hair are not visibly different from age 16-31, but between 31-32 (the year I am taking finasteride) there is a definite noticeable loss. The only three guys I know who have taken feel it made their hair worse, and my doctor (although I admit, was ignorant of hair loss related issues) said I was more likely to lose hair than stop hair loss. This is a drug that is supposed to be like 90% effective?

I know the "studies" prove otherwise, and i know it doesn't make sense scientifically, but this has to be a real thing. But the idea that male pattern baldness can be kicked into high gear by finasteride gets people real nervous on these forums, and the subject seems to be violently shut down whenever brought up. Everyone seems to want to talk about sexual sides, which have never been experienced by myself or anyone else I know.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is hair loss not a talked about side effect here. Year over year photos of my hair are not visibly different from age 16-31, but between 31-32 (the year I am taking finasteride) there is a definite noticeable loss. The only three guys I know who have taken feel it made their hair worse, and my doctor (although I admit, was ignorant of hair loss related issues) said I was more likely to lose hair than stop hair loss. This is a drug that is supposed to be like 90% effective?

I know the "studies" prove otherwise, and i know it doesn't make sense scientifically, but this has to be a real thing. But the idea that male pattern baldness can be kicked into high gear by finasteride gets people real nervous on these forums, and the subject seems to be violently shut down whenever brought up. Everyone seems to want to talk about sexual sides, which have never been experienced by myself or anyone else I know.

If you guys don't post pictures nobody will take you seriously. I rarely see ppl on here get worse (visually) on Finasteride when they post pics however we see A LOT of whiners and OCD ppl on here saying they do.

zeldazoo22

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you guys don't post pictures nobody will take you seriously. I rarely see ppl on here get worse (visually) on Finasteride when they post pics however we see A LOT of whiners and OCD ppl on here saying they do.

I didn't take pictures before and after Finasteride, however, I went to a hair surgeon to get a consultation and he took pictures, so I will get those from him. While I confess to being a bit obsessive with my hairloss, I can assure you the it has dramatically sped up while on Finasteride. 6 years of hairloss is proof that I have experience to validate this. I'm hoping that it is just getting rid of the hairs that were already on their way out, but I'm also worried of reflex hyperandrogenicity.

Jonah

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't take pictures before and after Finasteride, however, I went to a hair surgeon to get a consultation and he took pictures, so I will get those from him. While I confess to being a bit obsessive with my hairloss, I can assure you the it has dramatically sped up while on Finasteride. 6 years of hairloss is proof that I have experience to validate this. I'm hoping that it is just getting rid of the hairs that were already on their way out, but I'm also worried of reflex hyperandrogenicity.
Hey, did you end up recovering?