Thinning On Left Temple. Should I Be Worried?

Jordan91

My Regimen
Reaction score
122C0FEC-9795-4153-AD15-97C885B098C1.png
2A26294F-DEB7-4334-B94F-50B84B9DA1A1.jpeg
4AB45FE6-7DDA-485C-AC7D-49613BC83B63.jpeg
69FA30D1-D322-47A2-A2E8-A2FCAE552FFB.jpeg
2A26294F-DEB7-4334-B94F-50B84B9DA1A1.jpeg
DDFB20BB-FDAC-40BA-9BDB-E0A1FBDEC460.png
Hi guys! Since I was young I’ve always had high temples but I get the feeling that my left side temple has started thin and maybe recede a little more. I’m 28 now and I remember thinking to my self in the past that my left side temple always looked better than the right temple as it wasn’t as far back as the right. My right temple looks to be the same as it was as I was a teenager so that side seems to be fine and has no further thinning. If I lose the hair where it has started to think it would probably match how far back the right temple his. Not sure if maturing hairline or not. I would say the thinning goes in 1cm or more. Other than that the barbers say I overly thicker hair than most people. Sorry in advance for pics below, I’ll post better ones when it’s day light. I took photos of my left (thinning) and right side and also some old photos to show I’ve always had high temples. Old photos are about 6 years old.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** yeah should, don't even need to read the rest. It's going, n possibly fast. In fact you're a Norwood three, not much left to go until you'll be just a balding guy.

Jordan91

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** yeah should, don't even need to read the rest. It's going, n possibly fast. In fact you're a Norwood three, not much left to go until you'll be just a balding guy.

really? Even if I had this hairline basically my whole life except for the thinning on the left side a bit?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
really? Even if I had this hairline basically my whole life except for the thinning on the left side a bit?
You haven't. What you may have had was a head start. Now that it has continued to recede, probably in the same pattern as your original hairline, it's becoming worrisome to you. You are going bald. Do not live in denial about it. It sucks, I know.

Jordan91

My Regimen
Reaction score
You haven't. What you may have had was a head start. Now that it has continued to recede, probably in the same pattern as your original hairline, it's becoming worrisome to you. You are going bald. Do not live in denial about it. It sucks, I know.

Ok thanks for being honest. by the way that first photo of me in the water is almost 7 years old and it looks similar to how my hair is now so I guess the recession is slow.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok thanks for being honest. by the way that first photo of me in the water is almost 7 years old and it looks similar to how my hair is now so I guess the recession is slow.
Most guys your age have more hair than you. Although you're not too far behind. But I'd get on finasteride.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Relax a bit you're not balding that quickly. Be careful with finasteride if you choose to take it however.