Thinning on back of head where piece ends.. allergy?

jstanothausah

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got my system about 3 weeks ago. First couple nights I could feel an itch as it set. Then nothing. Feels like nothing is even up there half the time. It's been about 3 weeks and the piece is for sure a little beat up, but still undetectable. However, I noticed that the back of my head, where the piece cuts off, is thinning rapidly. I'm kind of freaking out. Could this be an allergy to the adhesive, shock loss, alopecia? I'm supposed to work in two days and am sitting here like you gotta be kidding me.

Noah

Reaction score
I have never heard of a glue allergy causing hairloss. Itch yes, but not actual hairloss. I'm also pretty confident you can't get shock loss from wearing a hairpiece. My guess is that it's just normal male pattern baldness hairloss which was there before, but now you are noticing it more because of the contrast with the fuller hair of the system. Provided it is not exposing the base of the system, it could be a nice little touch of realism to have a thinning spot. But if it bothers you just make your template bigger next time.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
If glue gets into the hair and starts to itch I think it can come off. And also when actually trying to remove the glue while reattaching. Very often you remove it with the hair it's in. But it shouldn't lead to noticeable alopecia. I had this fear for years, because I lose a visible (in my hands or on the surfaces) amount of bio hair when detaching, but actually everything is absolutely the same after 5 years. Hair just grows back. Post a pic. Maybe you didn't align the piece correctly?

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I think when the stylist shaves the top of your head, you end up with this very severe hairline at the back and sides, but as the hair grows back, you see the fade as the hair gets thinner on the top. This can make it hard to line up the system, and it probably gives the impression that you're losing hair, whereas actually you're losing that very defined line due to hair growing back.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I think when the stylist shaves the top of your head, you end up with this very severe hairline at the back and sides, but as the hair grows back, you see the fade as the hair gets thinner on the top. This can make it hard to line up the system, and it probably gives the impression that you're losing hair, whereas actually you're losing that very defined line due to hair growing back.
Yeah, there's some weird process there, but nothing to worry about probably.