Thinning of eyebrows and a bit of hairloss, so should start using finastride at 21 years of age?

Liam Ryan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have in the last 9 months started noticing that I am losing around 2-6 strands of hair in the shower. I am someone who is dandruff prone, and when I was 16 my hair was covered with dandruff and I had the tendency to scratch dandruff off. So when I was 16, there was a particular place where dandruff grew at the back of my hair and I would constantly scratch it off until one day a friend of mine said you have a bald spot at the back of your hair. The bald spot was first small but then it was growing bigger, so I decided to visit a doctor, and he gave me this shampoo to use on my scalp and this cream to apply it also. During the time I had the bald spot, I was also losing tons of hair on the front of my scalp and also losing eyebrow hair. But when I treated the bald spot and dandruff my bald spot went away and my hair loss/ eyebrow loss reduced to nothing. I am 21 now and from the time I treated that bald spot/dandruff till about 9-10 months ago I had no hair loss, did not see a single hair in the shower or anything but in the last 9-10 months, I have started noticing a bit of hair in the shower. It's not like I am losing 50 or 100 strands its just I see anywhere between 2-6 strands each time in the shower. I am also losing eyebrow hair and the part of my eyebrow near the nose has thinned out quite a lot and I have been doing research and it says for hair loss finasteride is a good solution. So I want to ask that is using finasteride any good for someone who has very minimal hair loss? I got a ton of hair on my scalp but I just want to take action quickly against the minimal hair loss as everyone says those who act the quickest are the ones who will be better in the long term. Also, can anyone explain why I am losing eyebrow hair and why I have thinned out in that part of my eyebrow near my nose part. Also, during these last 9-10 months I have seen dandruff reappear again, on my eyebrows and scalp but I dont know how dandruff and hairloss is linked.
Below is the picture of my hair and eyebrow, as you guys can see my left eyebrow near my nose has thinned out more than the right one n when I touch and full my eyebrows with very minimal force or when I am washing my face in morning I see 1-3 eyebrows on my hands. Can someone say the reason thanks.

thumb_IMG_3036_1024.jpg

1603465379366.png

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_E3035_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_E3035_1024.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 103

Liam Ryan

My Regimen
Reaction score
forgot to mention that I also use nizorol shampoo for the dandruff, when I am on it I see very minimal or no dandruff but when I stop using it I see dandruff reappearing again

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is the hair loss?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you're imagining it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have any hair loss.

Liam Ryan

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have any hair loss.
guess you were right I went to dermatologist, he fully analyzed my scalp and eyebrow and said you do not have something in the line of male pattern baldness and so no hair loss. He said it is OK to lose up to 50-100 strands of hair in the shower lol. He said the fact that I lose only 1-6 is completely normal and that's part of the hair cycle. Dam thank God I do not have hair loss can't imagine losing all my hair at just 21.
Thanks a lot for replying though :)