Thinning Hair And A Patchy Beard, Help

Shriram

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a 20 year old male. My hair is thinning on the sides, and becoming rough. I have a patchy beard and a slightly patchy moustache. I even have loss of pubic hair and a stagnant amount of hair on my body. Now, this wasn't always the case. Up until 1.5-2 years ago, I used to have a full mane and a fully grown beard and moustache with little or no pubic hair loss and all. Now for the last few years I'm facing a problem. Any ideas on what I might be facing? And are there any solutions to this?

PS: I had swine flu 2 months before I started facing this problem, is that of any relevance?

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a 20 year old male. My hair is thinning on the sides, and becoming rough. I have a patchy beard and a slightly patchy moustache. I even have loss of pubic hair and a stagnant amount of hair on my body. Now, this wasn't always the case. Up until 1.5-2 years ago, I used to have a full mane and a fully grown beard and moustache with little or no pubic hair loss and all. Now for the last few years I'm facing a problem. Any ideas on what I might be facing? And are there any solutions to this?

PS: I had swine flu 2 months before I started facing this problem, is that of any relevance?

PICS

Shriram

My Regimen
Reaction score
WP_20170211_09_07_53_Selfie.jpg WP_20170211_09_08_41_Selfie.jpg WP_20170211_09_09_10_Selfie.jpg WP_20170211_09_09_44_Selfie.jpg WP_20170211_09_13_05_Selfie.jpg WP_20170211_09_13_22_Selfie.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20170211_09_07_53_Selfie.jpg
    WP_20170211_09_07_53_Selfie.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 715
  • WP_20170211_09_08_41_Selfie.jpg
    WP_20170211_09_08_41_Selfie.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 655
  • WP_20170211_09_09_10_Selfie.jpg
    WP_20170211_09_09_10_Selfie.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 426
  • WP_20170211_09_09_44_Selfie.jpg
    WP_20170211_09_09_44_Selfie.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 389

Shriram

My Regimen
Reaction score
WP_20170211_09_13_22_Selfie.jpg WP_20170211_09_17_30_Selfie.jpg

Beards been trimmed but when it grows, its grows rough and curly, only a chinstrap beard occurs.Moustache is also patchy.

shookwun

Reaction score
I believe it's called a hair part.

Filipinos, asians or w.e decent you are always have patchy beard growth. they generally can never grow a full one.

Shriram

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe it's called a hair part.

Filipinos, asians or w.e decent you are always have patchy beard growth. they generally can never grow a full one.

Hmm, I'm Indian. But the thing is I had a full beard around 2 years ago with hair on my cheeks and chin. There were no patches anywhere plus hair wasn't thinning. Now for the past 18 months its been like this with receding hair and patchy moustache nd beard.

Shriram

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do I stand on the Norwood scale and ny ideas on a treatment regimen guys?

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its genetic. Treatments are finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral. Finasteride is the most effective but has pretty terrible side effects. Only a small percentage of people get sides. Research well before you take a decision

Shriram

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its genetic. Treatments are finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral. Finasteride is the most effective but has pretty terrible side effects. Only a small percentage of people get sides. Research well before you take a decision
Yea I've heard of the side effects. Minoxidil you would have to keep using it to sustain its effects. Would nizoral alone suffice? And what abt anything which would restore my facial hair growth back to normal?

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I've heard of the side effects. Minoxidil you would have to keep using it to sustain its effects. Would nizoral alone suffice? And what abt anything which would restore my facial hair growth back to normal?
Nizoral is just an anti inflammatory nowhere near as effective as finasteride or minoxidil

g.i joey

Reaction score
If you're losing body hair along with head hair I wouldn't chalk it up to being male pattern baldness, usually when male pattern baldness goes in overdrive, hair around the body starts getting thicker

Latoya

My Regimen
Reaction score
So happy to find this forum. I was a customer when I bought nutritional Capsules berries so many testimonies about them and it has grown my hair and for many others.

I lost my confidence and hated my hair asking why is it thinning and I was getting patches. That has now grown back I just want to share this with others these capsules are a miracle please if your interested you can message me on Latoya.health@icloud.com

Daniel Hilyard

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all you have to maintain a proper diet so that you can get proper proteins and nutrient which will prevent your hair loss. Moreover, there are various supplements and products available like beard vitamins, beard balm, beard wax, beard oils which can promote your beard growth. A friend of mine has been using these products from a very long time and always suggest me to use them for healthy growth of my beard.

shookwun

Reaction score
First of all you have to maintain a proper diet so that you can get proper proteins and nutrient which will prevent your hair loss. Moreover, there are various supplements and products available like beard vitamins, beard balm, beard wax, beard oils which can promote your beard growth. A friend of mine has been using these products from a very long time and always suggest me to use them for healthy growth of my beard.
Now I understand why the supp industry make billions.

A collusal waste of time

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't see any devestating in those pictures. Somewhat thinner at the sides/temples which is normal for some...maybe some receding..but nothing dramatic, everyone gets that to a certain point.

And that beard thing is normal for some nationalities.

Richard Albert

My Regimen
Reaction score
You look normal! Do you have before pictures for comparison ?