Thinning And Hairloss Around Near Corner? Dont Know What To Do Next

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I am new on this forum and I joined this site to find out if I am starting to recede and to find out what steps would best be suitable for me.

I am a 20 year old male. On my fathers side everybody went bald in late teens and early 20s. On my mothers side there is no male hairloss. My maternal grandfather died at 60 with a full head of hair.

All insight and advice is apreciated

Thanks!

Last edited:

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
I would be more worried about my Grandfather dying at 60 than hairloss. Lol If he would have lived a full lifespan I'm sure he would have experienced some loss. Almost everyone does eventually. At 20 you will notice changes at the temples. Most men do. That happens after puberty. We lose our juvenile hairline. There is a very small percentage of men who go through life with their juvenile hairline. I know a couple and to be honest it looks weird. But most men lose it.

I wouldn't worry at this point. But do expect hairloss during your life. Hopefully you will get a bit from both sides and not go completely bald. I know it's a bit scary at 20 but don't lose your marbles over it like so many here have. Keep yourself in good shape and enjoy your youth...youth goes quicker than hair....lol

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would be more worried about my Grandfather dying at 60 than hairloss. Lol If he would have lived a full lifespan I'm sure he would have experienced some loss. Almost everyone does eventually. At 20 you will notice changes at the temples. Most men do. That happens after puberty. We lose our juvenile hairline. There is a very small percentage of men who go through life with their juvenile hairline. I know a couple and to be honest it looks weird. But most men lose it.

I wouldn't worry at this point. But do expect hairloss during your life. Hopefully you will get a bit from both sides and not go completely bald. I know it's a bit scary at 20 but don't lose your marbles over it like so many here have. Keep yourself in good shape and enjoy your youth...youth goes quicker than hair....lol

Reading this 1 year after you posted it makes me sad. I am now losing a lot of hair really fast in a diffused nw6 pattern, taking after my dads hairloss.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading this 1 year after you posted it makes me sad. I am now losing a lot of hair really fast in a diffused nw6 pattern, taking after my dads hairloss.

Did you hear that advice? Did it resonate with in your mind? If so, good because that's how you give advice.

Not the BS that you put out towards others.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you hear that advice? Did it resonate with in your mind? If so, good because that's how you give advice.

Not the BS that you put out towards others.

It is good advice. I was just in a bad mood recently from worrying about hair loss so my apologies if I said something offensive to you before on here.

With that being said, I probably should have started treating it at this point considering what happened in only 12 months.