Thinneritgoes!'s Story

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well i'm 19 years old. I started losing my hair a couple years ago. It has been so horrible. Honestly it is devastating. My everyday actions have been effected. I started with a receding hairline. Now have pretty bad thinning in the front and in the back too. I've always had extremely thick blonde hair. I wore my hair pretty long for the past couple years. Got comments about losing it every now and then.. but hid it pretty well. I recently buzzed it down to maybe around an inch. My uncle gave me the "apple don't fall far from the tree" speech. Still people seem kind of clueless to the fact that i'm losing it (bonus). But I haven't been on anything and I have finally cracked down and decided to do something.

I was thinking of getting on some form of propecia and using nizoral. What is the cheapest, yet most effective, way to go as far as propecia or finasteride are concerned? Also, should I see a dermatologist or just a doctor?
I better not get one that says "oh you don't have to worry about that now." Because I DO!

I've been reading this site for awhile and I love it and everyone hear.
I will not give up a fight for my hair and I hope no one else does.

All of your comments and advice will be greatly appreciated!

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: The story of Thinneritgoes!

Thinneritgoes! said:
I better not get one that says "oh you don't have to worry about that now." Because I DO!

I get that from people here, saying that I don't have male pattern baldness (yet) .. you've got the right attitude :)

The best way (which is also cheap) is getting Proscar and splitting the pill. Some might suggest the generic brand from india (finpecia)... but I personally wouldn't trust it - naturally its up to you. I think the price is similiar..

Good luck mate!

Petchsky

Reaction score
What treatments you should take depends on your goal, if its maintaining what you have then like Rage suggests proscar is the way to go... you can also buy a pill cutter from most websites that sell proscar or you get one free with your first order. If you want regrowth you will need to add a growth stimulant. Minoxidil is the most used but there are others. Be aware though that if you start minoxidil you will be dependent on it, just like everyother drug you take for hairloss....

if you decide to use it the regrown hairs by minoxidil will be dependent on it. Aside from that the other approved treatment is Nizoral shampoo 2% which will deal with any inflammation. If you have not already, go through all the information available on this website to widen your knowledge, which in fighting male pattern baldness is not only power but peace of mind.

Laters 8)

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
!

Thanks guys. I need all the help I can get.

I definitely do want regrowth.. thats my goal (well maintaining too obviously).

So I will only get regrowth if I go on minoxidil with propecia? or does that just better my chances?

Also.. what should my schedule be with the nizoral?

Thanks again everyone!

Petchsky

Reaction score
Thinneritgoes says
So I will only get regrowth if I go on minoxidil with propecia? or does that just better my chances?

Also.. what should my schedule be with the nizoral?

You know, it depends. different strokes and all that. don't quote me but i think 62% of men taking proscar saw regrowth of differing amounts, so it can be had. Minoxidil aides and adds to regrowth and has been shown to get better results when used as a combination rather than either drug alone.

There are instuctions on the bottle about usage, but i use it every three days., but its whats best for you, then from there hopefully it will be thickeritgoes...der dum!... okay, bad pun.

G

Finasteride is cool. It reduces DHT. It's working for me and you have an 83% chance that it will work on you. It's all good.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Once again, thank you for your replies.

Being 19 and suffering hair loss is the worst thing ever. I have a doctor appointment on thursday and hopefully i get this prescription for propecia.
I was going to only use nizoral 1% instead of 2% because of it's easy access..
Would that be a wise choice?

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, today I start my treatment. Propecia and nizoral 1%. I really hope this helps me.

I have a question that hopefully someone can answer.
I hear all about the pill cutting and so on...
Should I do this with propecia?? or should I just take one pill a day?
I'm really confused.. I hope someone can answer this soon.
thanks.