Thinking of trying RU

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen RU talked about as a "finasteride alternative". However, has anyone had results on Ru, who did not have results with finasteride/dutasteride? I'm using finasteride (and dutasteride once per week) but had no results or side effects (although it may have slowed my hairloss down). I'm therefore wondering whether Ru could add a boost and either maintain or give me some regrowth.

Also, are there any legit pre-made solutions? I'm aware of the stability issues and is for example, this just too good to be true
http://anageninc.com/ru58841-solution-50ml.html

Thanks

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get results both on RU58841 and finasteride. That being said there have been members that have had improvement on RU58841 even while being on finasteride. One guy even had improvement after being finasteride 10+ years. Another guy even had quite remarkable cosmetic improvement while being on dutasteride when he added RU58841. However it happens vica-versa too. Some people don't get good results on RU58841 and do get better results on finasteride/dutasteride.

RU58841 is definitely not always side effect free by the way, it's quite a potent anti-androgen. It's a experimental so use at your own risk.

Stability issues are no problem with RU58841 that is fallacy. Prostrakan wanted to launch it in a topical formulation. Would be quite stupid of them to realize after it's not stable. They test such things already in pre-clinical settings. Closest compound structurally similar is nilutamide which is stable in a liquid formulation for quite a long time. Also apparently some German forum member has tested the stuff for 6 months in solution and found it to be stable.

Still I use the powder though. It's cheaper and gives more flexibility (concentration, vehicle etc). Mixing is incredibly easy anyway.

RU_pp.jpg

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Swoop for the very helpful response. As I understand it, I should therefore not have any major concerns about purchasing a pre-made solution from a reputable supplier (such as the link I posted).

As for potential sides, I haven't read much about side effects and never had any sides from finasteride or dutasteride. I also haven't read much on the forums about Ru sides. However, I am very wary given that it is experimental as you say. Are there any major risks in your view?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
I can't tell you where to get your RU, but what I will say is if you're going to buy it then at least buy the powder version, an Ethanol/PG vehicle is not hard and mixing RU powder is very easy. The pre-made solution is not as effective.

kir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on finasteride/dutasteride? I don't agree with taking dutasteride once a week with finasteride as the finasteride will be useless because of the longer half-life associated with dutasteride.

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I've taken finasteride for almost 8 years. I've taken dutasteride once a week for around 3 years. As stated, even with minoxidil (which hasn't worked either) and Topical spironolactone, this has not stopped the hair loss at my temples/hairline (which admittedly, was always slow before starting treatments and has continued at a slow rate).

I don't really want to mix Ru myself if I can help it. I have a wife and baby son and I think it would be a bit odd (even my wife doesn't know I use treatments) weighing and mixing mysterious chemicals in the house.

I would like to try RU as a "last roll of the dice" before I accept defeat, but am a bit concerned that its long terms effects do not appear to have been tested.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
I've taken finasteride for almost 8 years. I've taken dutasteride once a week for around 3 years. As stated, even with minoxidil (which hasn't worked either) and Topical spironolactone, this has not stopped the hair loss at my temples/hairline (which admittedly, was always slow before starting treatments and has continued at a slow rate).

I don't really want to mix Ru myself if I can help it. I have a wife and baby son and I think it would be a bit odd (even my wife doesn't know I use treatments) weighing and mixing mysterious chemicals in the house.

I would like to try RU as a "last roll of the dice" before I accept defeat, but am a bit concerned that its long terms effects do not appear to have been tested.

dutasteride does work in conjunction with finasteride, one dutasteride pill a week with finasteride is still better than just finasteride alone, maybe you should try upping dutasteride till eventually you are taking dutasteride daily and phase out finasteride, if you do this don't just switch straight from finasteride to dutasteride, it can cause a shed. As for RU being the "last roll of the dice" I don't think that's fair, there are other experimental treatments, have you looked into CB and Setipiprant? CB is similar to RU but is probably more effective and carries no risk of side effects, Setipiprant also works to maintain hair but does it from a different angle than DHT inhibition, it might be what you need. Regarding premixed RU you can buy it if you want but practically all results seen from RU come from powder form. Barely anyone uses the premixed because it is so much less effective.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Swoop for the very helpful response. As I understand it, I should therefore not have any major concerns about purchasing a pre-made solution from a reputable supplier (such as the link I posted).

As for potential sides, I haven't read much about side effects and never had any sides from finasteride or dutasteride. I also haven't read much on the forums about Ru sides. However, I am very wary given that it is experimental as you say. Are there any major risks in your view?

Indeed, that's a legit source too. Almost everyone gets their RU from there.

In terms of risks, that's really a point you should research. Quite many people have tried RU or are on RU. It's not a approved compound though. Keep the solution away from pregnant women as it is teratogenic, that's a known risk. Just like finasteride, but finasteride is a pill and this is a solution so easier to come in contact with.

There is much information and user experience to read about RU really. Have a search on other forums too.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used both the premixed solution and the powder from that supplier. The premixed is fine it worked pretty good.

cosmic

Banned
Reaction score
Can i get on RU then off it? I am on dutasteride but I got thinking of a way to boost my hairline but not be on it permanently. Like rogaine is messy and you need to use it forever.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I suppose. But it'd be the same as with rogaine. Start using and see results. Discontinue and the results will fade away.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
[this is the first time i heard about this. so the premixed is useless??? i bought mine from anagogic. why is it useless though? is it bc u cant tell how much is actually dissolved? who is a legit supplier of RU?

QUOTE=Hairloss23;1283656]I can't tell you where to get your RU, but what I will say is if you're going to buy it then at least buy the powder version, an Ethanol/PG vehicle is not hard and mixing RU powder is very easy. The pre-made solution is not as effective.[/QUOTE]

james555

Reaction score
I won't go with either of them, they are full of crap and harmful chemicals to mess your hormones up

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I won't go with either of them, they are full of crap and harmful chemicals to mess your hormones up

Welcome to male pattern baldness my friend.

ClearVision

Reaction score
I have used it and it gives me headaches if I dose too high. I might want to start using it in smaller amounts along with Seti.