Thinking of starting minoxidil but not entirely sure.

LDM88

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of starting minoxidil (rogaine, or are the cheaper ones just as good?)

However I've been put off a bit because apparently you have to apply it twice a day and it takes a couple of hours to dry, I can't go to work with a greasy scalp from minoxidil as people will know I'm trying to do someting. Also I heard you can't sleep with it on your scalp as it will stain your bedding, would a hat be ok to wear in bed?

BTW I've been on Dr Reddy's Finax for about 6 weeks.

Opinions welcome and please no sarcasm.

Fermat

Reaction score
i use it once a day just before bed, i don't bother with a hat or anything... haven't noticed any stains on my pillows

kana-sucre

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here, I use it once a day just before bedtime without hat or anything... Haven't had any problem with that.
I also apply it sometimes in the morning before to go to work but just on temples and hairline, and it dries before I get to work (I have like 50 minutes of transports from home to work)

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i really dislike minoxidil messed up my scalp and really mentally stressful having to apply it everyday for the rest of your life. However i have seen many people get good regrowth, just not for me

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using the liquid a couple months, and the twice a day thing does get a bit annoying in regards to how long it takes to dry. I just ordered the foam version to try substituting in for my morning applications, as I'm told it dries much more quickly.

Haven't been using it long enough to say whether or not I'm a good responder.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of people on here report good results with once a day, and I know a lot of doctors will tell you that's enough. Personally, I'm going to stick with the twice a day thing as much as possible until I feel I've "maxed out" my results.

kir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil once a day vs twice a day made no difference for me. I got the same results. I always apply minoxidil at night and it never leaked on my pillows. Maybe because I have a lot of hair. The first time I applied it, I made a complete mess. but eventually you master the art of applying lol. You could always buy the foam which dries instantly if you are worried about making a mess. As for the generic minoxidil VS Rogaine, I've tried both and they worked the same. Hope this helps.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How about applying minoxidil once a day in conjuction with a low dose i.e. 2.5mg oral minoxidil ?
I got good results with liquid minoxidil in the past using 2x a day but a lot of times it was such a hassle waiting for it to dry in the mornings before going out.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used to think 2x didn;t make a difference. Till I recently started going 2x for about a month and a half. My density has definitely increased.

There is an absolute difference. 100%, from my personal experience. And no, don't listen to the pamplhet for those who are considering it. It doesn't only work on your crown. It will work wherever you put it. Your hairline, pubes, beard. Wherever you'd like hair. It will even make you hairier all over your body (The bad side effect, but bearable).

Also 1ml is not enough especially if you use it all over. I'd say go 1.5 - 2mls from hairline all the way to crown.