Thinking Of Going Of Propecia For A Short While - Need Help

Sharpshooter

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been Propecia for two months now (since the 10th of november) and my prescription runs out shortly.

I'm encountering a minor side effect in that I'm suffering from slight form of erectile dysfuntion (my penis is quite often a lot smaller now and it's not as erect as it used to be) and I just want to know whether it would be ok just to go off it for a while?

I'm only 20, so I'm also worried that lack of DHT might be preventing any more growth (I believe I was still growing, even in the genital area before taking Propecia).

The side effect's not a real problem, I haven't tried L'Arginine or anything like that to counteract it, but I was just thinking of going off for a while, just to see whether or not if it was Propecia related.

Is this a Bad idea? It shouldn't totally destroy my hair if I'm only off it for no more than a month right?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would reduce the dose if I was you rather than come off it...its not good to be off it for more than a few days as benefits start to reverse.

Take 0.5mg...sides should reduce but DHT level will still be reduced to a reasonable level.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
i have same sides at Telogen Effluvium age of 18..its all good..think about the amount of hair you are able to regrow...unless u have a gf that needs to be poked

G

I think it is a bad idea. The two months you haven taken it already would be totally wasted. You can be pretty sure that your ED is Propecia related, to me happened the same. Just try to counter it (see Harie´s thread) and you are fine. Nevertheless your hair shouldn´t take a huge hit since you have only been on finasteride for about 2 months.