Thinking of getting a system any tips?

Riki

Reaction score
I would recommend to anyone getting into a new system to DIY, there are a lot of forums to help you, and you can see step by step videos on sites such as cool piece or hair direct.
I did the hair club thing for 10yrs and I can honestly say the first time I did my own was probably better than anything ever done by them, and you will save a lot of money!!
My biggest critic is me, know one will do a better job than me, just get familiar with using 2 mirrors and bright lights, preferably sunlight when looking at your hairline, if it looks good in direct sun light then it's perfect.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maher is right about this, I have spent 800 dollars on hair systems without success, I regret it now, I could of bought jewellery, a lot of groceries etc. Over time, you could of bought a good sound system, a car, a good education etc. A hair system is just like wearing a hat 24/7,it's uncomfortable and akward.
Spend your money on something more useful,over time the costs for hairpieces are astronomical,you become a meal ticket for some abundant rich ***hole whos thinking ha ha I got another one,hairpieces don't solve the fact that your bald IMO it's just a big waste of time and money.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair systems work for those that put the time in to research (most often DIYers), with the right spec and a good cut in. you need to research whats right for you. the alternative are expensive clubs and clinics which give poor results

if you dont put in the time, you wont get anything out.

shookwun

Reaction score
Only concern I have with a rug is performance issues, and always being on the edge around women. Would be embarrassing being in your early twenties and telling your girlfriend you wear a peice. Worst case scenario she is connected with others within your social network via facebook, and exposes you once you to break up. Next thin g you know word goes viral and everyone knows you wear a toupee.

A rug is basically a hat prisoner is disguise.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, putting tremendous amounts of time to wear a hat 24/7 as scorpio puts it and to still be actually bald as an end result? No thanks.

And top clinics don't give poor results. hair transplant's will never be as dense as a rug but at least, you'll actually have some hair growing out of your scalp.

I do think you have a point Fred, when your a norwood 6 like I am, what options do you really have?
What would you do in my situation Fred?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Worst case scenario she is connected with others within your social network via facebook, and exposes you once you to break up. Next thin g you know word goes viral and everyone knows you wear a toupee.

A rug is basically a hat prisoner is disguise.

This is a major concern for people fighting hair loss, no matter which method. You are dead on about the humiliation of being exposed for wearing a piece, but I keep the fact that I am treating my hair loss a secret from pretty much everyone. I could see my circle of family and friends ****ting on me for fighting the good fight.

- - - Updated - - -

when your a norwood 6 like I am, what options do you really have?

I think once you reach the point of being a NW6 you need to decide what it is you are looking to achieve by getting a piece or a transplant. If you are just looking to get coverage on the top of your head and are willing to buzz, then a transplant is the way to go. But if you want to be able to style your hair and have more coverage then a piece your only realistic choice.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A woman wants her man to look great. Most dont care how you do it, just that you do. Some will even be more excited than you choosing your next hairstyle.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
The only issue I have with a hairpiece is that I always spot a wearer out from a mile away, regardless of styles, cut ins, age etc... It's always obvious to me. Some look better than others but overall, there is always that fake, not so right element pinned to the person wearing a hairpiece.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
there are more bad wearers than good ones out there. it all comes down to research and effort

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
The only issue I have with a hairpiece is that I always spot a wearer out from a mile away, regardless of styles, cut ins, age etc... It's always obvious to me. Some look better than others but overall, there is always that fake, not so right element pinned to the person wearing a hairpiece.

The only ones that I notice are the ones that literally look like a dead animal on somebodies head. I think if done right, it can look good.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
The only ones that I notice are the ones that literally look like a dead animal on somebodies head. I think if done right, it can look good.

Yes, or then you get the wearers in their 40,s who opt for a Norwood 1, thick black teenager style. Although the piece itself is realistic enough, the chosen style is a give away. Most hairpieces will pass as most ppl who aren't balding "women" wouldn't look for any suspicious signs but to anyone who is hair concious, then it's a diff story.

shookwun

Reaction score
What tends to always give it away with a hair piece wearer is the temple point region, and diffusion along the sides that typically happens to early, and aggressive sufferers. The easiest ones to spot are people with black hair because the hair pigmentation starts to change drastically, and over all you can see the diffusion. As for the general public, as long as your sides don't start at the back of your head, and arent completely diffused then most wouldn't know.

These guys who go for these long elaborate styles to cover the sides are a complete give away for a rug wearer.

483771.jpg