Thinking Of Getting A Hairtransplant, Nw2, 24 Yrs Old

chlue

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm at NW2, 24 years old.
h6qqL

Should I get one? or is it too early? Also how many grafts would I need?

Not using finasteride or minoxidil atm

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4901.JPG
    IMG_4901.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 573

seanvandamme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there. I'm a fellow young hair loss sufferer too - 23 with a Norwood 2A. I've already set my mind on a hair transplant despite all the advice out there telling me it's a bad idea. A few reasons:

1. Early 20's are the prime of our lives. It's f*****g depressing to look like we're balding at this age. Facing our peers and meeting new people (women especially) are the worse. It can really destroy any confidence we have. I am prepared to take a gamble, but are you?
2. I mention it's a gamble because the main concern voiced out against young guys going for a hair transplant is that there is a likelihood that our hair will continue to shed. That will cause a very front-heavy look with sparse hair elsewhere on the scalp - definitely not a flattering look. I've consulted a doctor and took multiple references (family history of balding, reason for onset of hair loss, lifestyle) before deciding to take this gamble
3. I have good donor supply and the extent of my hair loss isn't too bad. This is a factor that can really decide whether your hair transplant is a good idea or a gamble. With good donor supply and minimal hair loss, I feel you can really get away with most concerns voiced out about going for a hair transplant as a young guy.

As a fellow young hair loss sufferer, I can empathize with what you are probably feeling right now. I'd say go for it, but only if all evidence points to a favourable outcome. Otherwise, do what the people here usually recommend: get on the big 3.