Thinking of getting a full size custom wig

Alec708

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new and thinking of getting a full cap. Anyone here with experience?

Robrover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Customs are hard to come by due to pandemic. And there are no such thing as stock mens full caps available so far as I'm aware. Unlike women's lace wigs (which I have successfully modified for my use, although it takes a bit of work).

I have worn full cap wigs for almost 20 years. I find them much more versatile and easier to use than my previous toppers. Of course, they cost more and take longer to produce. I wear all french lace with 2.5 swiss front and temples which I blend into my own sideburns.

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get stock full cap hair systems but only full poly or mono and poly. Both are on superhairpieces.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Customs are hard to come by due to pandemic. And there are no such thing as stock mens full caps available so far as I'm aware. Unlike women's lace wigs (which I have successfully modified for my use, although it takes a bit of work).

I have worn full cap wigs for almost 20 years. I find them much more versatile and easier to use than my previous toppers. Of course, they cost more and take longer to produce. I wear all french lace with 2.5 swiss front and temples which I blend into my own sideburns.
That is not true, factories are back to full capacity, and we are quoting clients 10-12 weeks for delivery of custom hair systems.

Robrover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to get these from NWL and they are not accepting custom orders due to ongoing issues in the hair replacement industry which I presume means the still closed China - NK border.

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a full cap custom based hair system.
As my bio hair is fine density and I have very thinned out temples.
Norwood 7.
And I wouldn't have to worry about colour match or density as much like that too.
But it's probably not as comfortable to wear and sleep in?

I'd need either full French lace or hybrid poly perimeter and French lace centre for the base..

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to get these from NWL and they are not accepting custom orders due to ongoing issues in the hair replacement industry which I presume means the still closed China - NK border.
When was the last time you checked with them?

Yes, North Korea is not producing anymore, China and Vietnam, are.