Thinking about taking off my hair system daily

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't even bother removing the piece every day. Lots of work. Every 1-2 weeks I think is better.

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
Daily removal and rebond has got to be a huge pain in the ***. I don't even want to do every 3 weeks.
If you have tried the 1522 tape, you would see how very simple it is to just remove it, as it barely leaves any residues, and because of that, the bond it so weak, taking your shirt off might be enough to pull it out.
I have a poly skin and tried to do 4 days and I regularly workout and it gets really stinky by that time, and I can't even imagine how bad it's going to get if we got to 14 days.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have tried the 1522 tape, you would see how very simple it is to just remove it, as it barely leaves any residues, and because of that, the bond it so weak, taking your shirt off might be enough to pull it out.
I have a poly skin and tried to do 4 days and I regularly workout and it gets really stinky by that time, and I can't even imagine how bad it's going to get if we got to 14 days.
That is the reason I don't really want to use 1522 tape. It can be deadly if the hair is pulled out by accident. I am using Ultra Hold tape for my .08 skin. I do not work out a lot so I touch up my piece every 7 days

Technologic0280

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just want to add my $.02

It all depends on what kind of system you have - after reading the comments, I can see why most wouldnt want to remove their system every night.

I have a lace system with a poly rim. I use Walker tapes on the rim. I remove every single night (I tried NOT removing it when I first got it over a year ago, but sleeping with the system on, and waking up with massive bedhead sucked!). By the end of the day, its not that difficult to peel off. I can imagine for those who have full lace systems and use bonding adhesive, this would be different. I wouldn't want to remove it every day in that case. However, I am glad I went the route I did because it FEELS SO GOOD to let my scalp breathe, to itch it, every day I run the electric razor over it so I dont have stubble to get irritated. I should add that I was not completely bald, so I still have lots of hair growth under the system. And Im a hairy guy, lol, so it grows FAST.

I bought a hairpiece stand on amazon for like $11, and put it on the stand every night. I will put the walker tapes on top of each other until I get 3-4, then they are real easy to peel off the poly. No residue, no mess, my system lasts longer (Ive had it a year 4-January, and my trusty hair salon says its in good shape still. I never shower with it on, and God no, I would not get it wet or wash it every day! Thats nuts. Its going to wear much faster. I wash it 1x every week, sometimes 1x every 2 weeks if Im not real active (like in the winter), every 2-3 days I use spray in conditioner for hair systems and style it. I dont usually have to restyle it every day because I dont sleep with it. Most mornings, I am good just brushing it, or spray-in conditioning and brushing it. With the conditioner, I never need hair spray or gel, the conditioner holds it all day long.

Your mileage may vary, but I wanted to share what works for me with my Poly rimmed Lace system.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just want to add my $.02

It all depends on what kind of system you have - after reading the comments, I can see why most wouldnt want to remove their system every night.

I have a lace system with a poly rim. I use Walker tapes on the rim. I remove every single night (I tried NOT removing it when I first got it over a year ago, but sleeping with the system on, and waking up with massive bedhead sucked!). By the end of the day, its not that difficult to peel off. I can imagine for those who have full lace systems and use bonding adhesive, this would be different. I wouldn't want to remove it every day in that case. However, I am glad I went the route I did because it FEELS SO GOOD to let my scalp breathe, to itch it, every day I run the electric razor over it so I dont have stubble to get irritated. I should add that I was not completely bald, so I still have lots of hair growth under the system. And Im a hairy guy, lol, so it grows FAST.

I bought a hairpiece stand on amazon for like $11, and put it on the stand every night. I will put the walker tapes on top of each other until I get 3-4, then they are real easy to peel off the poly. No residue, no mess, my system lasts longer (Ive had it a year 4-January, and my trusty hair salon says its in good shape still. I never shower with it on, and God no, I would not get it wet or wash it every day! Thats nuts. Its going to wear much faster. I wash it 1x every week, sometimes 1x every 2 weeks if Im not real active (like in the winter), every 2-3 days I use spray in conditioner for hair systems and style it. I dont usually have to restyle it every day because I dont sleep with it. Most mornings, I am good just brushing it, or spray-in conditioning and brushing it. With the conditioner, I never need hair spray or gel, the conditioner holds it all day long.

Your mileage may vary, but I wanted to share what works for me with my Poly rimmed Lace system.
today was day one for me and daily wear. Well really semi daily wear. I didn’t see this thread so I started one and I would not call day 1 a success.
read my rather long post and laugh.

Im doing this in preparation for a bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles. for 7 days I’ll be riding and sweating al day. I’m trying to see if daily wear will be an viable option. Since I will be sleeping in a tent, and no access to a bathroom and mirror, Im looking a simple , quick and compact process. not sure if this is it, but I’m giving it a go!

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who is only getting 4-5 days out of an install? That's crazy.
Me. Something about my body chemistry just melts the glue, and it starts to lift and looks shiny an gloopy through the lace. I can maybe do a week with tape on the hairline.