Thinking about switching to Foam - Questions about Foam

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As a Big 3 user, I've been using liquid Min. for about 1 year and 4 months. Lately, I've been thinking about switching to Rogaine foam, and I have a couple of questions for any foam users:

1) From your personal experience, how many applications, or about how long did it take you to get the hang of applying the foam?

If you were previously liquid users, how does it compare? Were you able to jump right in or did it still take some time to get the hang of applying foam?

2) If you were a liquid user, would you say that it takes you the same amount of time to use up a month supply of foam as it did to use up the liquid or did/do you use up one or the other faster?

3) Did you get any acne? (Like any more acne then you usually get?)

I myself, after starting the liquid Min., went through a period where I got more acne (but it was no big deal), however, it's not even an issue now.

Okay, for the next 2 questions I assume that the answers are no, but since I have no experience with the foam, I'll still ask.

4) After applying the foam, do you ever get the "dried out hair" look, you know, like how you can get that with the liquid min.?

5) Do you ever get flakes (or dandruff) after applying the foam?

Thanks, appreciate any answers/replies.

JWM

Reaction score
1) Only a few. Personally I like to apply it to a damp scalp after a shower--much easier. I just part my hair down the middle, squirt a golf ball size into my hand, then plop it on my scalp and rub it in for like ten seconds. Easy.

2) Hard to say. I would say if you use a small blob a can should last you a month.

3) No.

4) No--if anything the foam makes your hair look fuller.

5) No.