thinking about starting finasteride.. what should i know

delicious

Reaction score
ok well after long debate i am seriously concidering starting finasteride...

i still need to meet with my doctor to see if it is fine for me to take it but i also have a few questions

does everyone shed? what exactly is shedding?

Are there any other things i should take with finasteride to reduce the risk of side effects? I dont see why more people dont look into this... theres all this research being done on Saw Palmetto Flax SGD and all that stuff... has anyone tryed taking anything to reduce the risk of side effects? i think i read somewhere about taking something to keep your estrogen levels in check or something.

Also i've read alot about MSM on the board... apparently it makes your hair grow faster. What is the purpose of that? will the shedding not last as long? How much does it affect your other hair? im a fairly hairy person and i dont really want a full head of hair on my ***. (which there practically is already)

Petchsky

Reaction score
No one can say how many people really have side effects, but I do believe it's a lot higher than Merck reports. If you do get them I don't think there's a lot you can do to stop it, besides stopping medication. MSM just makes your hair grow thicker diameter wise.