Thinking About A Hair Transplant Or Prp Very Soon. Need Realistic Advice As Time Is Of The Essence!

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've not posted on here for a while but I have in the past. If anyone is interested in my situation you could look up my previous content as I'm gonna try and keep this as relevant.

Gonna try and keep this brief. Had long hair for 20 years, shaved head last August just days after my 30th (not done it again since) and about 6 years of battling hair loss with most of today's treatments. I am currently on finasteride (2+ years), liquid minoxidil twice a day (4+ years), derma rolling every night for last 6 months - going to start derma needling soon, biotin and caffeine shampoos and Nizorol. End.

I'm finally considering a hair transplant, something I never thought I would do. I would appreciate any experienced members advice on what is about to follow. I'm going to the KSL Clinic in the UK on Saturday for a consultation and to meet the surgeon. Travelling abroad is pretty much out of the option. Firstly, does anyone have any knowledge of this clinic or their work? Secondly, the consultant has already insinuated that I might not be suitable for a transplant as I have diffused thinning as apposed to a typical bald patch if you will and has mentioned PRP to me. So, does anyone have any knowledge or opinions of this and how effective is it? I have wasted a lot of money in the past on laser hair therapy and I really don't want to make the same mistake again. Thirdly, I am going to report back here after Saturdays consultation with any new information and I would really appreciate any advice then, or in the meantime.

I will enclose a few current photos just cause I know someone will ask. The white flakes are from the liquid minoxidil by the way.

Sorry to any moderators, I know this is in the wrong section. I'm going to post it in the hair transplant section too but I hope you can understand I need help and guidance on this issue as soon as possible and would appreciate it if in this instance you would leave it in both sections just to give me more of a chance of receiving interest.

Thank you in advance, James.

Attachments

• Crown 1 (now).jpg
    Crown 1 (now).jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Crown 2 (now).jpg
    Crown 2 (now).jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Hairline 1 (now).jpg
    Hairline 1 (now).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Hairline 2 (now).jpg
    Hairline 2 (now).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. Guess I should have made a thread about Justin Bieber's hairline...

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure I if youre being sarcastic there or what? But I mean for my crown. I'll include another picture to help show what I mean...

Attachments

• IMG_0952.JPG
    IMG_0952.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 130

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give dutasteride a try before considering a hair transplant

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been shedding almost constantly for the last 12 months and I feel like the overall density of my hair is thinning out rapidly. I really doubt that just talking duta would help in my case. Not to mention, I'm in the U.K. And it's not prescribed for hairloss here so I would have to buy it from some kind of unlicensed pharmacy which I am not comfortable with. Thank you for your advice however.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been shedding almost constantly for the last 12 months and I feel like the overall density of my hair is thinning out rapidly. I really doubt that just talking duta would help in my case. Not to mention, I'm in the U.K. And it's not prescribed for hairloss here so I would have to buy it from some kind of unlicensed pharmacy which I am not comfortable with. Thank you for your advice however.
All the pharmacys you buy dutasteride from online in the UK are officially licensed. You fill in the prescription online .

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But it's isn't approved and the risks are higher and what are the chances of someone who is hardly responding to finasteride suddenly responding well to duta? You know what I mean?