Think I'm Finally Losing Ground On My Maintenance

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
snoovatar_44.png
Practical-Chart3h

I have maintained for years, but that may be changing.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/i6lutl/i_have_maintained_for_years_but_that_may_be/
Can somebody please give some input here.

So last month, July, I decided to derma roll the left temple/hairline to see if I can get growth.

(Now before I continue, I must say that for many years I have been incredibly consistent in my routine l, which has been scalp massaging, Zix as my DHT inhibitor for maintenance, and a balanced diet to ensure I get proper vitamins and minerals, same shampoo, the works)

But, in this time, I have also begun using a different shampoo which I noticed makes the texture.of my hair slightly different. This is the first time I have used a separate shampoo in 4 years.

I swear it looks like my left temple is getting higher.

Anyway I cannot tell if it is in my head but it seems it is not (to me).

In addition, perhaps it is a shed due to the dermarolling, a change in look from the different shampoo, and possibly because the other day I was styling my hair without looking and can Swear that it felt like I accidentally forcefully pulled out some strands (kinda said ouch to myself when it happened)... I admit I was using a styling product for the first time. I literally have never used a styling product.

But in my opinion. From the front it looks like I went from a Norwood something, to an Norwood higher something

Can someone please give me input on This? Perhaps I should switch back to my old shampoo, give it a month in case it is shedding from dermarolling?

http://imgur.com/a/oLsFhKh

If it is indeed progressing I could always try out finasterade again.

Would anyone reccomend ceasing any changes to my strict routine that I have recently added, and to give things a month before doing anything New? Such as finasterade?

For what it is worth. I have been used to my hair being maintained well, in such a way I just go about my day. But it caught my eye a few days ago which never happens. Something seems slightly off.

Thanks

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Proper vitamins and minerals lol. Get on finasteride mate, those do not constitute a maintenance regime by any means.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 144872Practical-Chart3h

I have maintained for years, but that may be changing.
Can somebody please give some input here.

So last month, July, I decided to derma roll the left temple/hairline to see if I can get growth.

(Now before I continue, I must say that for many years I have been incredibly consistent in my routine l, which has been scalp massaging, Zix as my DHT inhibitor for maintenance, and a balanced diet to ensure I get proper vitamins and minerals, same shampoo, the works)

But, in this time, I have also begun using a different shampoo which I noticed makes the texture.of my hair slightly different. This is the first time I have used a separate shampoo in 4 years.

I swear it looks like my left temple is getting higher.

Anyway I cannot tell if it is in my head but it seems it is not (to me).

In addition, perhaps it is a shed due to the dermarolling, a change in look from the different shampoo, and possibly because the other day I was styling my hair without looking and can Swear that it felt like I accidentally forcefully pulled out some strands (kinda said ouch to myself when it happened)... I admit I was using a styling product for the first time. I literally have never used a styling product.

But in my opinion. From the front it looks like I went from a Norwood something, to an Norwood higher something

Can someone please give me input on This? Perhaps I should switch back to my old shampoo, give it a month in case it is shedding from dermarolling?

http://imgur.com/a/oLsFhKh

If it is indeed progressing I could always try out finasterade again.

Would anyone reccomend ceasing any changes to my strict routine that I have recently added, and to give things a month before doing anything New? Such as finasterade?

For what it is worth. I have been used to my hair being maintained well, in such a way I just go about my day. But it caught my eye a few days ago which never happens. Something seems slightly off.

Thanks

Have you considered going back to what was working for you? Your hair looks great to me, but having been in the same boat, I gather you are fully aware of your hairline and density.

Personally I am wary of dermarolling and zix, but I know @Ezekiel2019 had success. I am stictly a zix only guy and have only recently added minoxidil - only at day 63 now, but Ive noticed my reasonable shedding (caught in shower drain) is now next to nothing after 60 days. That said, I did have a 3 weeks spell of increased shedding, but that seems to be behind me.

I find certain shampoos do make a difference in cosmetic appearance, ones that strip my hair to squeaky clean give me an appearance of more density. I do mostly stick to H&S. So that could be a factor.

It's tough to say, but I would venture a guess it's the dermarolling. Could be it's prepping for enhanced results, but could be that you are pulling back slightly. Again, I can say I'll likely never try dermarolling because I dont trust it. That's not to say it doesnt work though.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered going back to what was working for you? Your hair looks great to me, but having been in the same boat, I gather you are fully aware of your hairline and density.

Personally I am wary of dermarolling and zix, but I know @Ezekiel2019 had success. I am stictly a zix only guy and have only recently added minoxidil - only at day 63 now, but Ive noticed my reasonable shedding (caught in shower drain) is now next to nothing after 60 days. That said, I did have a 3 weeks spell of increased shedding, but that seems to be behind me.

I find certain shampoos do make a difference in cosmetic appearance, ones that strip my hair to squeaky clean give me an appearance of more density. I do mostly stick to H&S. So that could be a factor.

It's tough to say, but I would venture a guess it's the dermarolling. Could be it's prepping for enhanced results, but could be that you are pulling back slightly. Again, I can say I'll likely never try dermarolling because I dont trust it. That's not to say it doesnt work though.
Couple things...
1) forsure look into other shampoos. H&S damages your hair beyond belief. If its dandruff you worry about use ketoconzole. Just whatever you do get off H&S.

2) Without an AA, as you have seen it is hard to halt hairloss. Zix might work temporarily but its not the holy grail.

3) i would consider dermarolling. I do not use it because of routine maintenance and dont care for the benefits but if you seek its benefits and can bear with the maintenance... I have seen some incredible results.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple things...
1) forsure look into other shampoos. H&S damages your hair beyond belief. If its dandruff you worry about use ketoconzole. Just whatever you do get off H&S.

2) Without an AA, as you have seen it is hard to halt hairloss. Zix might work temporarily but its not the holy grail.

3) i would consider dermarolling. I do not use it because of routine maintenance and dont care for the benefits but if you seek its benefits and can bear with the maintenance... I have seen some incredible results.
He has been using Zix with satisfactory results for a long time

Any 2% keto shampoo will be medicated which has worse results than a cosmetical shampoo, cosmetically

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He has been using Zix with satisfactory results for a long time

Any 2% keto shampoo will be medicated which has worse results than a cosmetical shampoo, cosmetically
Why does it feel like you’re trying to start something.

For your first sentence: if he’s been maintaining on zix for a “long” time his hairloss clearly isnt that aggresive. The studies are out there on the benefits of an AA, I am not pressuring him towards taking them.

Your second sentence makes absolutely no sense. You’re going to have to elaborate what point your trying to make lol... from what I gather you want him to continue using sulfate shampoos. If you get keto to treat dandruff... you don’t use it every single day.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does it feel like you’re trying to start something.

For your first sentence: if he’s been maintaining on zix for a “long” time his hairloss clearly isnt that aggresive. The studies are out there on the benefits of an AA, I am not pressuring him towards taking them.

Your second sentence makes absolutely no sense. You’re going to have to elaborate what point your trying to make lol... from what I gather you want him to continue using sulfate shampoos. If you get keto to treat dandruff... you don’t use it every single day.

Dude, 2% keto shampoos are full of sulfates. Nizoral was the harshest shampoo I have ever used. Also, he uses minoxidil with zix so he has to shampoo everyday. Not possible to use Nizoral ED without frying your hair.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, 2% keto shampoos are full of sulfates. Nizoral was the harshest shampoo I have ever used. Also, he uses minoxidil with zix so he has to shampoo everyday. Not possible to use Nizoral ED without frying your hair.
Well its not black and white. You don’t just have 1 shampoo option. Keto is much more effective than H&S at controlling dandruff. Using keto 1-2x a week and then a non-sulfate shampoo the other 5-6 days would imply 52 days of sulfates on your scalp rather than 365 a year. An effective way to control inflammation without frying your head everyday.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I think so. And one study suggested type 1 was also involved in balding, not only type 2.

I know you're probably a busy dude an that but any chance you could link that study? No worries if not!

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do we know which type zinc inhibits

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple things...

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Can you detect the difference at all that I am apparently convincing myself I am seeing?

Also what Norwood in either my before, or afters outlining my situation, would you say I am?

Lastly, I believe the first step I shall take is increasing my dosage of zix for a bit. And if it doesnt work the big guns gotta come out.

In addition, I Have switched back to my old shampoo, and my hairline looks a bit better than it does in my "after" photos. Perhaps I should try to keep many things as consistent as possible so that I know what I am dealing with

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yes it has been Only zix I maintained with.

I only recently began dermarolling the left side to see if I could lower my hair line there.....
Did you try other zinc sulfate types or normal B6

P5P and Zinc sulfate hepta became very expensive due to shortage of stocks so I am wondering

Also can you elaborate a bit more on your experience? I like to hear people maintaining on zix as it relieves me a bit

Thank you

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Can you detect the difference at all that I am apparently convincing myself I am seeing?

Also what Norwood in either my before, or afters outlining my situation, would you say I am?

Lastly, I believe the first step I shall take is increasing my dosage of zix for a bit. And if it doesnt work the big guns gotta come out.

In addition, I Have switched back to my old shampoo, and my hairline looks a bit better than it does in my "after" photos. Perhaps I should try to keep many things as consistent as possible so that I know what I am dealing with
I dont think you hair has changed but Id put you at a forsure NW2 with odds of being higher in future.

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think you hair has changed but Id put you at a forsure NW2 with odds of being higher in future.

Thank you very much for your reply. My hairline has essential been this way since I was a kid. Is that somehow good news?

Usually people will say I'm a Norwood 1, a 1.5 or a 2. I just don't even know how to quantify anymore

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you try other zinc sulfate types or normal B6

P5P and Zinc sulfate hepta became very expensive due to shortage of stocks so I am wondering

Also can you elaborate a bit more on your experience? I like to hear people maintaining on zix as it relieves me a bit

Thank you

No problem.

I actually use zinc sulfate HEPTAHYDRATE exclusively, as well as p5p specifically even though they're harder to find

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score

Gee I'm surprised that you actually use head and shoulders. I may wanna continue dermarolling but I just don't know. Could you give input as to what Norwood I am?