Things I have noticed since balding started...

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
Before I start I must say there are stronger issues at work other than my hair by itself.
I noticed my hair loss receding at about age 24 but it was definitley happening in my late teens. I just didn't know it. Since noticing I denied for about 2 years after that it nailed my confidence. No more interest in dating and all the fun things like organised sports stopped. My life seemed to have ended and I wasn't even aware I was doing it. I lost alot of time. Now I am at the point where buzzing/shaving is coming in the next few months and hopefully I can accept this and move on. Is that the natural way. Just get rid of it and accept it and life will then continue. Anyone else able to elaborate?

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Just so you know, even if you decide to buzz/shave it all off, doesn't mean you'll suddenly forget all about it. I've been buzzing my head for the past 10 years now and not a day goes by where I don't think of male pattern baldness.

I can't tell you the steps to take in order to achieve total acceptance (b/c I myself am obsessed w/ it), the only thing I can tell you is that buzzing/shaving alone won't solve the problem.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
Right now I am in the depressed state and I believe the next step is acceptance. Realizing that it is not the end of the world adn hopefully moving on. Being comfortable without hair. I know I will still be thinking of it everyday but will it impact me as much as it does now? That is what I am aiming for.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im quite comfortable with my hair the way it is... but that doesnt mean i dont want it to be better.
I have no problems going out to partys with the hair i have..
i actually shaved my head in nov 2006... and accedently stumbled on to this site and found out about propecia and nizoral.
Just used rogain before.. and gave up..
And now after good results im feeling alot better and has let my hair grow out, and even bought some styling stuff.
It`s not to late yet.. can still get on a regime and still shave youre head for 1 year and then let it grow out and see whats changed :D

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
gsxr60097 said:
Right now I am in the depressed state and I believe the next step is acceptance. Realizing that it is not the end of the world adn hopefully moving on. Being comfortable without hair. I know I will still be thinking of it everyday but will it impact me as much as it does now? That is what I am aiming for.

Shaving/buzzing is a good first step b/c thinking of it practically, you won't be tinkering with your hair to hide the thinning spots like you would if you had longer hair. So it does help keep your mind off baldness in that sense.

In my situation, it helped to keep me from being completely obsessed with hair loss, but it was only just a matter of time before it got really bad and then I was back to where I started (being obsessed and depressed).

So shaving your head will probably help you to accept your baldness, but there's no guarantees. True acceptance will mostly depend on other factors.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Everyone is different, if your hair doesn't look too bad buzzed then it's likely that you'll gradually begin to feel better as time goes by.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have found out, at least in my case, that a short crew cut works good for me. If I buzz it too short, it will expose the problem even more and if I leave it to long, it gets messy and you start to deal with the combover type of crap. Why don't you try shorter hair and gradually move in to the buzz?

baldkarma79

Reaction score
I agree, just ease into it. As I've lost more hair, I just go shorter and shorter. I used to have my hair cut with the one inch razor guard. Now I'm down to 3/4 of an inch. It actually seems thicker (don't laugh) when I go shorter.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gsxr60097 said:
Right now I am in the depressed state and I believe the next step is acceptance. Realizing that it is not the end of the world adn hopefully moving on.

But it IS the end of the world.

IBM

Reaction score
I wont be happy until the day i see the mayhem, chaos and end of entire human race.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
I wont be happy until the day i see the mayhem, chaos and end of entire human race.

spoken like a true anarchist

to the author of this thread......i've been norwood 7 now for more years than i can remember.....the first 20 are the worst.

i hate being bald but shaving is a great alternative and completely socially acceptable.