things are looking bad

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
looking to change my regimen... im f*****g LOST here i need someone to help point me in the right direction

in easter 2004 i attended a known london hair center and got on my treatment

12.5 minoxidil 1ce a day and 1mg propecia daily

by the end of the summer my hair was looking better then every beore but i was getting serious side effects. every time i took the minoxidil i thouhgt i was gonna have a heart attack and hte propecia had destroyed my sex drive

i came off the treatment for a few months then everything went down the toilet

for the 12 months that followed my hair diminished. despite getting back on treatment - propecia daily and kirkland minoxidil 5% 2ce daily and now rogaine 2ce daily.

my hair looks as bad as when i started

so im thinking what are my options. go back to that center and get extorted (money is not a problem if i know im gonna be okay)

switch to dutasteride?

or keep on with my regimen and see what happens - but at the moment it looks like nothing positive is going on at all

please help me

G

when did you get back on treatment? i would get back on it but maybe you should consider replacing your propecia with dutasteride to try to regrow more and maintain better.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, i think you're a good candidate for dutasteride. try taking it every 2 or 3 days at first though, since the long-term side effects of 0.5mg of dutasteride every day are unknown.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Try dusteride.. but by all accounts, it should destroy your libido even more. But you'll never known unless you try..

Sean68

Reaction score
switching to dutasteride seems the obvious thing to me as well but if you had sides on finasteride you would probably get them on dutasteride as well, i havent had any sides on it yet (touch wood) but i didnt have any on finasteride. you could go down the supplements route (msm, green tea seem popular at the moment) i think prox-n looks good too. nothing you probably didnt know about already id guess.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
my libido was lowered

im currently off propecia (just for a week or 2 until my next installment arrives) and ive already noticed higher sex drive

i make up for it by just jerking off less so i still feel as horny as normal

but it was only for like 2-3 months that i stopped taking treatment propperly

i figure if nothing has got better by christmas im gonna have to move on to dutasteride. side effect hell

is it still a good idea to keep minoxidil running along with dutasteride?

what pisses me off the most is that for a couple of months it was getting better and i was feeling INVINCIBLE - now its all been reversed :(

thankyou SO MUCH guys this is really appreciated. i cant f*****g talk to anyone about it as soon as i mention it to my parents they just change the subject. i feel alone in the f*****g dark

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
im also just 21

is dutasteride a bad idea for someone my age to be taking?

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude, in all honesty it looks as if you need to be more patient. How long has it been since you re-started your treatment with finasteride?

Keep the minoxidil and the finasteride and don't start dutasteride just yet. I bet that you'll be better by christmas. And if you do get libido sides, there are meds or natural supplements you can take to help you out. You have to weigh in whats more important for you: Lowered libido with hair, or high libido with no hair.

Sean68

Reaction score
it would (probably) be working by then but it may take a longer to be noticeable. dutasteride every other day is at least worth trying if youre feeling bad about it. you might get really good results...