Thin, white hairs - a sign that propecia is working?

Hotlegs

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot of informaiton on these forums and on the net but I'm still confused about the appearance of these hairs. I've been on Propecia two months now. No major sides. Libido has been up and down but has not caused me any serious problems. Since I started on propecia (standard 1mg each day) I've noticed no real change to my rate of shedding. It's basically the same as it was before I started. But I've noticed more of these fine white hairs when I shed. Is this a sign that follicles that were atrophied are slowly coming good again? Or does it mean that my hair is going white as well as falling out? :lol:

I should add that I also use nizoral 2% about twice a week.

diddlydoodang

Reaction score
I'm in a very similar boat. I just finished my third month of pills, and I just noticed some fine black hairs around my temples. I don't know if they're new and coming back to life, or if they're the old ones that are dying and I just never noticed them before.

So, I have no idea what any of this means, but I'm in the same boat as you.

But hot damn, I hope they're new hair.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Almost 2 years ago i had the same discovery and worry. They turned out to be new hairs and old hairs cycling backwards.

Hotlegs

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Almost 2 years ago i had the same discovery and worry. They turned out to be new hairs and old hairs cycling backwards.

Thank you for your reply Petchsky, that's a big relief.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lets hope so ive got litle white hairs growning where my hairline has receeded

Boomer

Reaction score
I'm on a similar situation. I'm on my 8th month on propecia. No significant shedding since I started treatment, or at least that I was aware of. I've noticed around my temples lots of white thin hairs, and about 3 mm long.. The thing is that they are growing very very, very slowly. Should I hope that there's a chance of these hairs grow thick? How do you distinguish the dying hairs from the "good" ones?

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a cluster of them grow in...Now i got more... if these suckers darken and grow some life will good. They all reside in the temple region.

Brian

G

i have these two, but ive had them for months and nothing has happened with them yet

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been on the big 3 for 15 months and...... may add copper peptides or Proxiphen to kick these suckers into overdrive.

We shall see

Brian

Petchsky

Reaction score
23 months on the big 3 and i have slowly watched quite alot of vellus hairs turn terminal (dark). Even have new vellus hair but patience is definately a virtue needed for fighting hairloss. The way i always see it is: you didn't lose it all overnight, so you ain't going to get it all back overnight either.

:)

Boomer

Reaction score
Well, I've been on rogaine for 1 year and 4 months. Never noticed any real improvements with it. Now I'm thinking only to apply it once a day.. What do you think? And I'm with proscar for 8 months now.