Thickness

JohnnyRock

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Quick question. I still have a bunch of hair. However the hair on the back of my head feels more dense then the hair at the front and vertex. Is this normal? I know my hair is thinning a bit. I've been on 12% min/finasteride 1.mg for 3 months now and I'm looking to gain back so more density on top. I'm 24 and I use to up til a couple years a go have to get it thinned out on top cause it was so thick.

Cheers

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
The hair at the back of the head always grows thicker, so yeah, it's normal.

karl_h

Established Member
Reaction score
In general, the hair at the back of the scalp is thicker than the hair in the front and at the vertex.

Also, when the hair starts to thin in the front and in the crown area, the hair at the back often maintains it thickness.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what's up with guys jumping on finasteride with a full head of hair? do you enjoy the stress, the sheds, and spending money? seriously, there's no reason to start meds until you've got some noticeable loss not just "the hair in back feels thicker". join the club of people freaking out over imaginary hair loss! i still don't understand why this is so common. if you're really "thinning" why not post some pics and get some honest feedback?