Thickeing the front up?

lideratot

Reaction score
I'm a general diffuse thinner all over the head without recession- the thinning is not obvious unless under bright light or if the hair is wet and combed back- The thing is, the thinning is noticable at the frontal hairline, right in the middle- so when I spike the front, you can see throug the hair in the front, although the back still appears ok (although it isn't). My aim is to thicken everything up especially the front.I've been on Revivogen for almost a year and a half, and I beleive it has somewhat slowed down my loss- and I also started minoxidil around 2 months ago, applying it at the crown because i'm concerned that if I apply it at the front, a shed could seriously thin it out, making it virtualy unconcealable- I've been hoping that the minoxidil on the crown could somehow help the frontal area. I also use Nizoral 3x a week, and can't use propecia- Anyway, what do you suggest I do to thicken the front up? Will applying minoxidil all over the head take my to a state where the thinning becomes obvious? Many thanks

bombscience

Reaction score
You are my twin! I have the same exact hairloss.

In about a month or so if my scalp is still in good condition, I am going to try adding spironolactone to the frontal/center area to try to completely halt the hairloss. I'm not really expecting regrowth results at this point. I'm trying to do anything I can to slow my thinning down.

You should definetly add Finasteride to your regimen, it may slow the thinning down. See what trying out below. No results yet. Hoping for some any day now.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apply minoxidil to the front too. Use an anti-DHT agent like bombsci suggested. finasteride, or at least spironolactone.

lideratot

Reaction score
I tried topical 2% spironolactone about a month ago, but I honestly think I got some side effects from it, like loss of libido, etc.. I know that's not supposed to happen, but it did- I'm using revivogen for dht inhibition, which includes azelaic acid. So you don't think a shed would be too brutal if I apply minoxidil at the front?

Bombscience, I got a question and a small request- Do you apply minoxidil in the front, and if so, have you had a noticable shed that obviously made it look worse? As for the request- I read that you're gonna visit Dr. Lee. Given our similar situation, can you pass on the wisdom he gives you on how to better our frontal diffuse thinning? Thanks

bombscience

Reaction score
lideratot said:
I tried topical 2% spironolactone about a month ago, but I honestly think I got some side effects from it, like loss of libido, etc.. I know that's not supposed to happen, but it did- I'm using revivogen for dht inhibition, which includes azelaic acid. So you don't think a shed would be too brutal if I apply minoxidil at the front?

Bombscience, I got a question and a small request- Do you apply minoxidil in the front, and if so, have you had a noticable shed that obviously made it look worse? As for the request- I read that you're gonna visit Dr. Lee. Given our similar situation, can you pass on the wisdom he gives you on how to better our frontal diffuse thinning? Thanks

Sure I will pass on anything he says. I'm mostly going to talk to him about responsivness to minoxidil, irritation caused by it, what he things of my scalp condition and hair quality, and then get his opion on my outlook for the future with treatments.

In the front, yes I have lost a lot of hair. I would say only a bit of that is due to my shed. I remember a couple weeks where i would loose 30-40 hairs just by running my hands through my hair over the sink. The other cause would after that period was probably the extreme irritation that regular minoxidil caused. I am still loosing a good amount of hair.

FrankY

Reaction score
lideratot said:
I'm a general diffuse thinner all over the head without recession- the thinning is not obvious unless under bright light or if the hair is wet and combed back- The thing is, the thinning is noticable at the frontal hairline, right in the middle- so when I spike the front, you can see throug the hair in the front, although the back still appears ok (although it isn't). My aim is to thicken everything up especially the front.I've been on Revivogen for almost a year and a half, and I beleive it has somewhat slowed down my loss- and I also started minoxidil around 2 months ago, applying it at the crown because i'm concerned that if I apply it at the front, a shed could seriously thin it out, making it virtualy unconcealable- I've been hoping that the minoxidil on the crown could somehow help the frontal area. I also use Nizoral 3x a week, and can't use propecia- Anyway, what do you suggest I do to thicken the front up? Will applying minoxidil all over the head take my to a state where the thinning becomes obvious? Many thanks

WHy can't you use propecia?

lideratot

Reaction score
Propecia gave me sexual side effects that I simply didn't want to deal with-This doesn't mean that everyone gets them- I just happen to be one of the few who actually got it.

djdomcapello

Reaction score
i have the same exact hairloss, right in the dead center hairline in the middle, i spike my hair as well, and also the center of my head. you can mainly notice it when looking at it under light. i currently use propecia 1x a day as well as rogaine 5% 2x a day, i shampoo with tricomin but im going to switch to folligen shampoo and spray,, i also started a multivitamin,msm and l-arginine 2 days ago. id like to try spironolactone in the front also , im going out of my mind and im 21 years old, it seems like it keeps just getting worse.

i was wondering how your progress went?

-domenick

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
flux said:
Apply minoxidil to the front too.

Yes, the shed, if you have one, should not last long at all. I was on finasteride alone for 3 years, front continued to thin and recede like mad.

I started using minoxidil in front last february, my frontal hair is now literally 100% better than it was a year ago. I've seen a study showing success for 1/3 of men using minoxidil for frontal thinning/loss.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
i have the same thinning pattern too!

but im not on ne of those just propecia. what exactly is spironolactone, topical? how effective r propecia and spironolactone respectively on dealing with the front, and is spironolactone prescription only and available in UK? also how long r results times, does it cause sheds and when u stop does the hair drop.