Thick Crown, thin frontal

night_ice

Reaction score
Been using Propecia for nearly 5 months and getting my haircut a little different. People comment on how thick my hair is since last time they saw me :) I love it and am enjoying it. I noticed my crown is really thickening up! My top of me head is thickening up as well, but the part where receding seems to be thinning out and receding still... :moon:
I use generic minoxidil on my crown about 2-3 times a week...i don't use it everyday or more that once per day. I have seen results myself using it this way. Kinda fear using it in what is already receding, as I may thin worse. Anyhoo, just thought I'd pass this on for input!

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
good to hear about your results. i've been on finasteride. for a little over 9 months and using minoxidil 2X a day, but the crown is still thin :roll:
eh, could be worse. i lost a lot of hair in 5 months prior to treatment, so at least i'm holding the hair i had prior to treatment.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, the fear of going minoxidil on the frontal region, a very common occurrence! I will tell you one thing my friend, after having regrown my crown for 2 years, I realized that unless I did something for my frontal region, that I'd be a NW2+ in no time. Now, 8 months after having started it there, I'm hitting myself for not having started earlier, when I had more hairline to save!!!

But I have to be grateful that I saved my hairline period, and stop baffling about the extra millimeters that I could of saved. My advise to you is to start Rogaine 5% on the hairline and temples immediately, and don't look at a mirror for 6 months. You wont be disappointed, take it from a minoxidil veteran named X!!!