These photos can't be real.

H

HLTguest

If this apple poly stuff really worked, it would be all over the news wouldn't it?

I understand that a japanese study supposedly released these photos, but I am very skeptical. If this stuff maintains hair, why on earth is it so hard to find? Its stuck on some obscure website and its been a couple years now since the study done in 05.

http://www.applepoly.com/procyanidin-b-2/enlarge_2.htm

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
That photo has been tweaked photoshop. some doge and burn, mainly burn and some clonestamping. very poor photo to represent something that laughably out-performs minoxidil. That photo is crap.

Jacob

Reaction score
Apple peel extract isn't hard to find..if that's what you mean. Beyond-a-century.com and Swansonvitamins.com are just two places that carry it.

You can also have it added to a custom topical at Elsomresearch.com. Other products contain the procyanidins via grape seed extract..and hops extract...etc.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not rub Rhubarb into your scalp, plus blackberries, just for fun.

glassworld

Reaction score
I don't think it was photoshopped, it is just a misleading set of pictures.

The picture on the left is looking straight down on the crown. The picture to the right is looking at the back of the head. The thickness looks greater in the right picture, only because we are looking at the bald spot from an angle, rather than straight on like in the left one.

They styled the hair in such a way that it is difficult to tell. But the ears give it away. If you look closely, you will notice that the ears on the right picture are proportionally longer than on the left picture (ears will be "smaller" when viewed from above as opposed to being viewed from the back). If you look at the right ear, there is clearly more bottom of the ear showing in the right picture than in the left picture.

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
The pictures quality are not that bad, I've seen worse. I disagree with the earlier poster that those pictures includes obvious "photoshopic" fraud signs.

Apple procyanidins are easy to get but I think Applepoly has the purest and strongest version among the "few" products out there?

Surely all home-scientists can mix there own little sauce together..should be cheaper..but more complicated to do????

H

HLTguest

After looking at the pictures again, I have to say they look somewhat realistic I guess.

It just seems odd is all. If this apple treatment is really so great then why is it so unknown? Even Avacor and Procede get lots of coverage in commercials on tv and radio despite the fraud behind these products. Sof if procyanidin is really so great for hair why is it almost completely unheard of? Don't you think the developers of this would want to get rich? If this was a miracle treatment like they claim, they probably wouldn't even have to adverstise all that much since everybody would be talking about it already.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you why. When I was suffering from bad acne nothing worked. Expensive derm visits didn't help me either. I then tried megadosing vit B5 and my face cleared! when i told my derm that he said he never heard about it . Doctors are people and their way of treating something and knowledge is limited and very narrow.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
HLTguest said:
After looking at the pictures again, I have to say they look somewhat realistic I guess.

It just seems odd is all. If this apple treatment is really so great then why is it so unknown? Even Avacor and Procede get lots of coverage in commercials on tv and radio despite the fraud behind these products. Sof if procyanidin is really so great for hair why is it almost completely unheard of? Don't you think the developers of this would want to get rich? If this was a miracle treatment like they claim, they probably wouldn't even have to adverstise all that much since everybody would be talking about it already.

Where to begin? :)

Procyanidin B2 which is the key extract in Apple Poly is not something that can technically be patented, however a company can patent an extraction or method process for producing their given product including Procyanidin B2, the two are significantly different.

For large corporate investors this makes Procyanidin B2 a dead in the water investment and subsequently contributes to the fact that it is mostly unheard of.

Those who are pushing Procyanidin B2 by which Apple Poly seem to be the only ones have chosen their methodology for marketing and that is to use traditional Internet marketing and sales copy instead of TV/Cable campaigns which carry their own set of stigmas too!

For a moment forget Apple Poly exists and focus your attention on Procyanidin B2, there are many scientific white papers reporting it's potential effects which have been observed to be beneficial to say the least.

oni

Reaction score
For a moment forget Apple Poly exists and focus your attention on Procyanidin B2, there are many scientific white papers reporting it's potential effects which have been observed to be beneficial to say the least.

Can you post a few of these many "white" papers please So?

So

Established Member
Reaction score
ill search for you, but hey you can just google Procyanidin B2 as well...

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
So said:
HLTguest said:

Where to begin? :)

Procyanidin B2 which is the key extract in Apple Poly is not something that can technically be patented, however a company can patent an extraction or method process for producing their given product including Procyanidin B2, the two are significantly different.

For large corporate investors this makes Procyanidin B2 a dead in the water investment and subsequently contributes to the fact that it is mostly unheard of.

Those who are pushing Procyanidin B2 by which Apple Poly seem to be the only ones have chosen their methodology for marketing and that is to use traditional Internet marketing and sales copy instead of TV/Cable campaigns which carry their own set of stigmas too!

Just to comment on internet advertising. Unfortunately internet advertising is not regulated so they can make any bold statement when they promote their product. And the ingredients that are sold are not even checked in the lab so god is the only one who knows if you are buying a sugar pill or a snake oil or the real stuff that is being promoted by the seller. And even if it’s the real stuff does it really work??? Show me one person on this forum who got real results without using the big 3 ( finasteride, minoxidil, and nizarol).

When I first was diagnosed with male pattern baldness I asked my dermatologists about some of the stuff that I saw online she looked at me and told me “save your money on the internet.â€￾ There might be a treatment out there other than what has been approved by the FDA but I don’t think that anybody knows about it.

peace

So

Established Member
Reaction score
That is true, however, if they are a "scam" for example sake, they have gone through a strenuous effort to make it so.

Most scams (scammers) don't and won't even go to as much effort as they have to develop their "scheme".

If it's a sugar pill and snake oil, hats off to them!

Does it work?

I've only just received it the other day and have taken a total of three capsules (out of the bonus 5 days free capsules) that they had given me without applying any topical solution yet (busy).

So the jury is still out on this one.

I do know however that I have read from other sources about the benefits of Procyanidin B2 / B3 on stimulating hair growth. Sources that not only pre-date Apple Poly (the company) but which are completely independent and unrelated.

Mu0325,

mu0325 said:
When I first was diagnosed with male pattern baldness I asked my dermatologists about some of the stuff that I saw online she looked at me and told me “save your money on the internet.â€￾ There might be a treatment out there other than what has been approved by the FDA but I don’t think that anybody knows about it.

Unfortunately placing your faith in other peoples knowledge and experience especially that of your GP and or dermatologist is in my book an unwise thing to do. They can only reaffirm doubts you may have, passing their skepticism onto you, bolstering your doubt for this product and many alike.

I hope for my sake as well as others that Apple Poly yields results!

I am on Propecia, however I know that if Apple Poly produces results that I will be able to distinguish between the two because Propecia has not done a single damn thing for me other than in my book decimated my hair to hell and back.

Let the games begin...

G

So, if you really thought that Propecia was decimating your hair wouldn't you have stopped taking it? So have you stopped taking it? No you haven't. Why are you continuing to let the Propecia decimate your hair?

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I stopped for four weeks remember at one stage to see if there was improvement but there was none.

Either the length of time off Propecia was not enough to slow down the rate of loss or the Propecia was not causing me harm after all.

Either way I can't be certain Jayman but I have my concerns.

Stop Propecia and see possible improvement?
Stop Propecia and see possible degradation?

Catch 22.

In my book I have no measurable results from Propecia, just loss.