There Is No Doubt In My Mind That Finasteride Is Causing Me Depression

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking finasteride for nearly 8 months now and I'm already starting to see the first sides. I' m thinking about suicide nearly every day, before finasteride that didn't happen. Now I generally have a gloomy mood , lower energy and I only want to stay alone. Brain fog (not extreme but it's like I think less clearly and more slowly) and especially worse memory. Every time a friend of mine told me that this week we have different school hours I just forgot it, he even got pissed off because of that. These are typical symptoms of depression. The thing is I can't quit finasteride because I would nuke my hairline, so Breezula or Follica better hurry up because I'm in trouble. My only plan is to take a 2-month-break from finasteride, start doing every possible thing to maximize my mental health ( like doing sport , meditating and eating healthy ) and then hop again on finasteride so that I get a weaker depression. Let's just hope that it's not long before a new treatment comes out

g.i joey

Reaction score
Finasteride made me feel like a piece of sh*t after a year in it... brain fog was ridiculous and I went from being out with friends all day to only seeing friends the days I skipped taking finasteride. My whole life revolves around scheduling my finasteride dose to deal with side effects and managing my business and social interactions when I skipped a dose. I’m fed up, I stopped a week ago

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride made me feel like a piece of sh*t after a year in it... brain fog was ridiculous and I went from being out with friends all day to only seeing friends the days I skipped taking finasteride. My whole life revolves around scheduling my finasteride dose to deal with side effects and managing my business and social interactions when I skipped a dose. I’m fed up, I stopped a week ago
ever gonna try it again?

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
mate, in what form brain fog manifested itself for you? i think i might started to experience that

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking finasteride for nearly 8 months now and I'm already starting to see the first sides. I' m thinking about suicide nearly every day, before finasteride that didn't happen. Now I generally have a gloomy mood , lower energy and I only want to stay alone. Brain fog (not extreme but it's like I think less clearly and more slowly) and especially worse memory. Every time a friend of mine told me that this week we have different school hours I just forgot it, he even got pissed off because of that. These are typical symptoms of depression. The thing is I can't quit finasteride because I would nuke my hairline, so Breezula or Follica better hurry up because I'm in trouble. My only plan is to take a 2-month-break from finasteride, start doing every possible thing to maximize my mental health ( like doing sport , meditating and eating healthy ) and then hop again on finasteride so that I get a weaker depression. Let's just hope that it's not long before a new treatment comes out
yeah, i think im starting to experience onset of brain fog, my memory starts to fail regularly and its pretty scary stuff

how r u doing now?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2,5 months, something like that

tbf i think due to depression because of hairloss i already had some mild memory fog, so not sure if its finasteride related or what

While I am very cautious regarding this drug and did not (yet) convince myself to start it, maybe you are spending to much time thinking about what can grow wrong?

g.i joey

Reaction score
mate, in what form brain fog manifested itself for you? i think i might started to experience that

I just wasn’t my witty self, procrastinated all day took hours to get off my *** and do what I had to do ... didn’t feel the aggression and drive I had prior, I notice a huge difference now I’m off it for a little over a month. That being said I’m getting back on very soon because I need my hair, but all sides have reverted